The best WALK IN camping near
Porum , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Porum Camping Reviews
Absolutely Amazing

We stayed here back in June and it was by far one of the best camping experiences I’ve ever had! Jill was so welcoming and warm, and she even showed us around some of the beautiful trails (which are definitely “hidden” gems). Our little campsite was so cozy with a table, a fire pit and a grill. It was right next to the creek! The morning walk to the camp house was lovely because on the way there, we passed a herd of adorable cows and the scenery is just so homey and gorgeous. I’d 100% recommend, and we will certainly be back! 🌈🌞🏕✨🌿

Decent

I didn't come here out of choice, but out of necessity to stay with my friends as we were going to float. Our campsite was tucked in behind the stage and very near the restrooms.

The restrooms were nice, but could have been laid out way better and more efficient. One toilet in the men's and as a tall guy…when the door touches you when you sit……well that isn't great. The showers were large and worked well.

There is a disc golf course on site, which I can only assume can be played when the campsite attendance is low.

I did see a few RVs, I am not sure on hookups, but they were right next to the bathroom.

I believe they do charge by car, so I paid for 1 person what a family of 4 pays. Not sure how I feel, but it is what it is.

Lake was a Blast

We had our kids from VIrginia meet up with us at Tenkiller State Park this summer. Each of my daughters families stayed in the Courtyard Cottage which is like a vintage motel. It was located in the trees which was nice but they were disappointed in the room itself.

We stayed in a pull through site with our RV. My sister and her husband were next to us and her daughter and husband next to them. We had space to play outdoor games and had a lot of fun.

The highlight tho was renting a pontoon boat at Pine Cove Marina and spending the afternoon playing in the lake. The marina staff was very accommodating for our special needs son. They assisted us in getting his wheelchair on the boat and he loved it. We brought our inner tube and spent the day splashing around, swimming and having lunch on the lake.

The pontoon was a welcome treat. We booked this campground because of the amazing pool area for kids. It had a way to wheel the wheelchair into the pool and great activities for the kids. The only issue was no one was ever there to open the pool. We were there 4 days and on the day before we left, a Saturday, someone came to let us in at 4. That was disappointing. This campground was good but it could be amazing if it had better management.

Right off the highway and right off the Ouchita Trail

If you're near the end (heading west) or got a late start heading east, detour north towards Potato Hill Vista for a flat area with a stone fire ring near Highway 88/1. You can throw down your tent here for the night. The side trail even leads to a parking lot off the highway if you're driving and want a place to camp or want someone to pick you up a few miles closer than Talimena State park.

We’ll be back

We love state campgrounds & Greenleaf State Park is one of our faves. We also have an adult son in a wheelchair so we have to be careful about where we go. We want to be able to push him around and go on trails that are wheelchair friendly. This campground had that. They also have an accessible site that has a HUGE pad. We were in the middle of the tent camping area; but hey we had a good view of the water.

If you like fishing it has a heated fishing dock which is cool so you can fish in the winter when cold. They have cabins & RV areas. 2 dump stations. There is water hookup. We were at the bottom of a hill but I say wheelchair friendly because I was able to wheel our son around the loops, into the heated dock, over to the marina on paved roads.

At the top of the hill is a splash pad, community picnic area ball field and paved trails which a wheelchair can go down. We prefer the accessible sit at bottom of hill since it was near the lake.

Make reservations by visiting https://travelok.com

Weekend at Greenleaf

We had a great experience at Greenleaf last weekend! They moved us to a better site without even asking and the staff were very attentive and friendly. There is a lot to do, paddle boat and canoes, fish, splash pad, putt putt, sand volleyball court, basketball hoop etc. Lunch at the marina was tasty. We had a great time on the hike to the hanging bridge. We enjoyed this park a lot with our two young sons.

Quiet and Beautiful

We stayed at RV site #3 on Quarry Island. The concrete pad was perfectly level and took no time to set up. There were 5 RV sites with full hook ups on isle, even though #4 and # 5 are so close to each other that slide outs could bump into each other, and 2 very nice RV sites with only water and electric on the isle. There was also a lot of tent camping, flush and vault toilets, dump station, pavilion, 5 cabins, picnic tables with grills, boat ramp and swimming anywhere you wanted except for 150’ of the boat ramp. The ranger station was on the isle, so traffic was high at check in. There were 2 hiking trails that looked very nice, but never hiked because we were kayaking. My parents stayed in cabin #4 on the isle and my brother tent camped at Wister Ridge. The view from both of their places was breathtaking and his tent site was well shaded with maple, oak and pine. Fishing was very good and wasn’t a whole lot of boat traffic. There is also primitive camping which looked very nice, except for a couple of sites where the campers didn’t clean up too well behind themselves.

Pros: Beautiful area and amazing views. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. Plenty of options for accommodations and outdoor activities. The Heavner Ruinstone and Spiral Mounds are close. Tons of wildlife areas and we even spotted a bald eagle. The campgrounds and cabins were very clean.

Cons: RV sites can be very crowded and not well spaced, especially at Victor Landing. The Wards would be the least crowded for RVs. The booking website is not very good and not very accurate. The cabins bed was not very comfortable, the shower was small and flooded the bathroom while using and the kitchen light and living room ceiling fan was on one switch, so there was no way to have the fan going without the light on. Not all RV sites have picnic tables.

Great rocky beach!

Great campsite! We enjoyed the view of the lake and plenty of space at our site! The park is nice and spread out and the sites are kept clean and well managed! Loved the rocky beach and how wooded all the sites were!

No firewood available to buy on site. They ran Out of toilet paper, but otherwise everything was great!

Great Escape

I love this small park. It offers a lot of amenities, but overall it’s about the cave trails and lots of hiking opportunities. We went in the early fall so too cool to enjoy the small lakes but our campsite had great views of one of the lakes.

Something for Most

Sequoyah State Park on Fort Gibson Lake offers a lot and people come from out of state to visit. There's a lodge, restaurant, golf course, paved trail, dirt trails, campgrounds, marina, and horseback riding in summer. I grew up nearby and still enjoy visiting.