The best BOAT IN camping near
Paoli , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Paoli Camping Reviews
Beautiful lake views

Overall, I really enjoyed camping here and will definitely will be back.

Nice

Nice place to relax by a fire. Campsites are spaced out well enough and has some right by the water. Close to some trails. Camp hosts are very welcoming and haven't had any issues with other campers.

Way too packed and littered

I’ve tried to like sulphur but I don’t. It’s a beautiful area but extremely crowded and oh so noisy. The gorgeous pictures you see of the waterfalls aren’t like that. They are lined with people sitting on them. We had to hike downstream quite a ways to get away from every one. Will not be returning.

Very Impressed

Family and I stayed here for the weekend and were very pleased with the amenities and upkeep of the campgrounds. The concrete pad made for easy set up the trailer. The beaches were no different with easy access and well kept shores. One of the nicest campgrounds in the area. The only con would be the lack of cell service. For some, this may not be a big deal and for us it was nice to have a break from the world, but there were moments where some type of connection would have been nice. This is by far a family favorite and a place we look forward to going back to.

We enjoy Post Oaks

We had a site in Post Oaks campground and really enjoyed it. Really long, pull thru sites and really shady. There’s a little swim beach. We have a camper so we didn’t use the bathrooms, but they did not look great. We drove around at all of the campgrounds and we liked post oaks the best. Little axe has some nice sites, but it’s almost always crowded.

So beautiful in the Fall

We visited in October when the leaves were changing and it was so beautiful. The lake is great. Bring your fishing gear. Site spacing is good. Typical amenities for a state park. You must make your reservations in advance online. We highly recommend this park

Crowded but a nice quick getaway

Hadn't been to Lake Thunderbird since I was a kid (40+ years ago) and all I could remember is that we always called it Lake Dirtybird because of the water. As far as that is concerned nothing has really changed. Typical central Oklahoma red water.

We stayed a couple of nights at Little Sandy Campground. There weren't any full hookups and we had to stay at a spot that was water and electric only … and boy were we glad. The full hookup sites in the next campground over -- Hickory Hill -- were packed in like sardines. Our site on the upper loop of Little Sandy was away from all the hubub but also away from the water, so there was that. If you don't mind being right up against the next camper, Hickory Hill has some full hookup sites right on the water. However, the upper loop of Little Sandy was nice with all the trees and the better-spaced sites. In my opinion spot 36 is the best one. No one can camp behind you and there's a lot of space to the south. The dump site it up on the main road about a quarter of mile north from the campground entrance and easily accessible.
We stayed the first weekend of May 2020 … the first weekend some of the COVID-19 restrictions were lifted. The place was PACKED, especially with tent campers. No judgment, just saying there were a lot of them. It was tough finding a path to the water without walking through someone's campsite. The water pressure was pretty low at the site and my guess it was due to all the sites being in use.
All in all it was a nice weekend, but I've stayed at nicer and quieter places.

On the lake

Stayed here for a couple nights, few other campers. Site was straight across from the lake. Got some good hiking in.

Best campground on Thunderbird

This campground rocks. It is camping made easy. The views are the best I have seen around the lake and this park area is much cleaner than others. The fire ring is awesome as it is waist-level and has a grill. Definitely worth the 21 bucks. The best tent campsites are 17-20

Beautiful site

This was a back in site right on the water. We looked at some other areas where you were so far from the water you wouldn’t even know you were at a lake. The site was level and had a nice picnic table out near the water.