Anadarko , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Anadarko Camping Reviews
A Good Way to Get Lost

Just to let you know, the map on this page shows this campground to be about 30 to 50 miles west of Oklahoma City, and just off of I-40. In reality, this lake is about 150 miles east of OKC, and just south of I-40.

Your app is helping me to plan my upcoming van life.

Great Place, Great People

We stayed the week of Thanksgiving to visit friends. This park is an awesome place to stop. They have a decent indoor pool, buffalo in an enclosure, and laundry facilities. They have a church service on Sundays, and they bake muffins each morning that are free for guests. My youngest did not miss a day. For the area, I would recommend this for a stop over or week stay or if you are working in the area.

One of the best things in Oklahoma

What is there to say? Power, bathrooms, showers, and absolute beauty surrounds you. It's only a short drive from DFW. YOU WONT REGRET IT!

No words

This was awful.

Nice Quiet Spot with Mt. Scott View

We needed a quick spot for an impromptu camping trek so hike the Wichita mountains. The Wichita Reserve seemed to be closed to tent campers due to Covid, so we opted for this spot in a pinch. Setup directly next to the lake and had a great view of Mt. Scott at sunset! Only complaint was proximity to the road, as there was some passing truck noise throughout the night.

Dry Camping, Good Wildlife

Super simple to make a last minute reservation and check in quickly. No hookups at my $24 site. Pricey for dry camping IMO but felt safe, which is a priority for me. Fire rings and bathrooms/dumpsters. Saw some HUGE longhorns and bison on the open range and that was great. No service whatsoever Verizon or T-Mobile.. do not recommend if you have remote workdays!

Great spot in the middle of the Plains

It’s interesting upon driving across flat plains and arriving at a canyon in the middle of it all! Only stayed one night. Was able to take a short hike to the canyon “rim”. The bathrooms were ok, clean at least. From what I could tell, there is only one pond along one big red rock wall and near the bathroom. The pond looked scummy and wouldn’t want to fish it. There may have been more opportunities for fishing, but I didn’t see any. Bugs were bad, thermacell worked great for the mosquitoes. Lots of flies.

Great stop

Rockwell RV park was a nice, quiet, and clean stop for us along our route home. The kids loved the 7 baby Buffalo on the property. Linda had wonderful customer service and accommodated our COVID request for phone check-in and payment.

Literally a cramped expensive parking lot

Asked for largest pull through with easy access for a 44’ 5th wheel and got a spot in front of office with a electric pole on the corner. No way to pull in with out using 2 spots and several point turn. The trailer hung over both ends of spot without the truck attached. And yes it is a paved parking lot, place to spend night but should have stopped in a rest area on 40

Awsome place

Great place to stay, lots of hiking, perch fishing for kids,full hookups ups great spots with shade,maybe y’all can find Oklahoma’s rock the rose rock,good luck