Let me start out by saying this was our first campground for our travel trailer. I don't have a huge point of reference, but I can give you details on everything that was smooth
- Location - Just off a 4 lane highway. Convenient with easy access to your site. Plenty of room to back in to your spot. There were limited "pull-through" sites. During the day you can hear highway traffic, but at night that road gets little traffic so it is quiet.
- The owners are great! This is a mom & pop operation but you can tell they put their heart into this place. Both are friendly and accomodating
- Sites are very spacious. Our spot was freshly mowed, had a picnic table, fire pit, electric & water hookups. We had a small stream behind and a pond in front of us. The site we occupied had trees between our neighbors. Just enough privacy to not worry if someone was looking in your windows.
- While I didn't use their public restrooms, my wife said they were VERY VERY clean. She worked in a hospital for a long time, so if she says they are clean, they are clean. There were showers available but we did not use them.
- They have firewood for $5 a bundle. They encourage you to not bring firewood from other places in order to help prevent bug/disease spread (very common nowadays)
- Two ponds for fishing. One was closed till the weather is cooler. I'm guessing they stock it with trout.
- LOTS of hiking trails within a short drive. We visited the Ocoee River and Copper Basin TN. Easy day trip for hiking, biking, rafting, breweries, restaurants, etc.
We will definitely visit this spot again. It's about an hour and 15 minutes from our house but feels like we are further. Very convenient and worth it for $30 per night. $30 was the RV rate, check their website for the most up to date pricing.
Nice private campground with a creek and a fully stocked trout pond. You pay for what you catch but totally worth it. Came 4th of July weekend. Nice quiet spot with fantastic owners. We will be back.