The best BOAT IN camping near
Rosebush , MICHIGAN

Most Recent Rosebush Camping Reviews
Far away AND close to town...all at the same time!

We found this campground on a walk around the town of Ontonagon, but didn't get a chance to camp here as it was already closed for the season.  We caught it after the beauty of the fall color had already gone, but it's probably a stunner!  We'll be back sometime…

For such a township park, it has comprehensive services, with many waterfront options, and all sites have electricity.  The sites are rustic, there is a dump station as well as a water filling station for RVs.  The bathhouse has showers, there is a cute playground, and it has beautiful views of both Lake Superior and the Porcupine Mountains (about 20 miles away).  You can easily walk into town for basic supplies.

Options for hiking, cycling, and water activities of all kinds abound.  This campground is one of many along the shores of Lake Superior's Water Trail.

Bay City State Park Campground

This is a really nice campground with newer bathrooms. I saw two cabins. The campground is not right on the lake. You have to cross the road to get to the state park with a great beach and a small, two mile trail. The campsites are right next to each other but there were a lot of mature trees. There are a few swing sets at the campground and the state park had a splash pad and huge playground.

A perfect spot

Very wooded and spread out among the campsites! Close to the water, and there’s a trail along the perimeter of the campground with amazing views. Great stargazing as well.

Manistee national forest camping

The camping is dispersed with walk in sites or drive in. There is a variety of pit toilets with trash pick up.

Rustic camping at finest!

Dispersed camping and camp sites available. There are horse staging areas and hiking trails. The lake is nice, small enough for a kayak/ no motor boat, nice.

Very nice

Very nice RV resort. Ice cream and general store with gas right on the docks!

Enjoyable but wet

We camped the weekend. Staff was very friendly upon check in. The beach was nice with picnic tables and lots of playgrounds. I was very excited to do the board walks but when we arrived most were flooded I was very disappointed. Also out sites 1 and 2 were very wet and lots of frogs. We’d want the cement slab if we come back.

Early to rise

Quint, easily accessible, ample space, and well shaded are words I would use to best describe Newaygo. If you have no intentions on sleeping in, then you’re sure to enjoy the few hours of early morning bliss, after 7:30 am it’s throw down generator wattage and raw horse power roar from every wake making and noise creating nautical vessel imaginable.

Large shady sites

The restrooms and showers were very clean, smelled of bleach. The nature trail around the lagoon is a birder's dream. We saw white egrets blue heron, sand pipers and their babies. There is a long paved bike path we had a dear pass within 6 feet of us and enjoyed hiking out to the watch towers. The water at the beach is pretty murky with a lot of green algae, we are told by locals the water is nicer at the far end of the beach near the private houses. I wish we had more than 1 night here, it really is a very nice campground and we are pleasantly surprised by the amount of trails and amenities. There is wheelchair access for the back and the water spigots in the campground has wheelchair access. I am impressed and happy with this park.

I Love This Park!

I bring the kids to this park every 4th of July weekend, we absolutely love it. I always reserve my site on the Poplar side, due to it having closer access to the lake to swim. Outhouses and water and pump are a bonus. The drive is paved so we always bring bikes for the kiddos! Another added bonus is the hiking trails.