About Lake Huron Campground
Private
Lake Huron Campground is located in Michigan
8 Reviews of Lake Huron Campground
Lots of fun

Big sites with lots of fun amenities, plenty to do which justifies the high cost, with that many sites I would assume they would have more bathrooms though and some of the staff seemed to be unengaged, bordering on rude. We had a good time and the kids enjoyed.

Getting worse by the hour

When we booked our site we asked to reserve a golf cart and were told we had to wait to get there. When we got there they said they were all booked and we had to do that while booking the site.

The staff is very rude and unprofessional. Talked down to my Mother in law while she try to explain that we had been told to book the golf cart when we got here. When we went back to the office later we were told a different story that we needed to book the cart online.

The pool was so cold the kids wouldn’t swim. They needed to use the heaters, but I guess that cost too much money.

The overall issue here is that the owners are money hungry and cheap. They pay their young staff the absolute minimum and work them too many hours which in turn makes the staff not care about the guests in the slightest. The power went out and the pool shut down because apparently the back-up generator had broke down and it “cost too much” to fix. It is sad because the park itself has a great location, great amenities and big sites. The owners need to learn that they could have a great thing here if they cared a bit more about the guest, take care of their employees more, spend the money on heating the pool when it gets chillier, and buy more golf carts with a policy all of the employees know.

So, this is an add-on: I believe a manager of some sort came to our camp site after reading my review. Asked to speak to me, but I was walking the dog. He said he would be back at 7:00 to speak to me and never showed. We went to get ice cream and asked the front desk of he was coming or not. They proceeded to be rude yet again, surprise, surprise, and said “don’t wait around and go ahead and leave your review my name is Tracie with an IE”! Guess I’ll make sure to now leave this review on all our Michigan camping community websites and friends. All I can say is WOW!!!

Someone is trolling my wife saying things about our children now. We had to block them. Pretty sure they are an owner.

Fantastic Campground for Families

What’s not to like if you have kids or grandkids. Great shallow pool, splash pad, water slides, mini-golf, trampoline area, sandy beachfront, close to Lake Huron, ice cream, pizza, stocked general store, arcade, peddle cars. I mean this place is great. For the adults the sites are large, most have water, electric AND SEWER. You can have firewood delivered to your site. The place is very well designed and laid out for easy access to everything. Slightly expensive but so worth it for families that want a low cost vacation. For those that don’t have a trailer you can bring a tent but there are beautiful small and also larger deluxe cabins.

The negatives - bad WiFi but what campground has good WiFi? Limited showers. They are nice but just not enough of them for the number of people that are here.

Family friendly camping

This place was really cool especially for families because it has a huge camp store, an ice cream place, and tons of amenities. You can rent golf carts, little paddle boats, and more. There is also an awesome water park for the kids and it’s right across the road from Lake Huron if you want to swim in the Great Lake.

Fun for kids, but shade would be nice

There are several fun things for kids, a very nice kid friendly pool. Park is clean, store well stocked.

BUT, so little shade. There are mature shade trees at/ near the rustic sites.Our site had 2 baby trees about 8' tall, one was dead. Wind kicked up each afternoon blowing in from a plowed field = lots of dirt / dust .

Even with the lack of shade, I'll go back - but taking an easy-up

Awesome!

Our first time there, we were on a lakefront site, which for me was small. The campground had lots to do for the kids. The pool was great 👍

Great Park!

My family and I had a great time! We stayed for 3 nights and couldn’t really find anything hing to complain about other than when we tried to rent a golf cart we were told there were no more… the staff told us that we should have booked it when we booked our site since that’s what most people do. The pool/splash pad were very nice and very well maintained. The sites were large and well groomed. We will be back and will be sure to book the cart when we book the site.

Great campground!

Enjoyed our stay at Lake Huron Campground. The pools are clean and fun! Activities planned throughout the day. Playground was decent. Would be nice if they added some bench seating surrounding the playground area. Large campground so if you aren’t camping up front, it’s worth it to rent a golf cart!