Carsonville, MICHIGAN

Camping Michigan Carsonville

Most Recent Carsonville Camping Reviews
Quiet, clean, on the water

Quiet, right on the water, family friendly, clean. We stayed in a tent next to the water. We had a rustic site and it was only $24 with tax. Will be coming again.

We’ll be back!

First time staying here. Great campground. Sandy beach. Swimming is great! Sites are close and driving through campground is tight. Cell and tv signal is limited. Pictures are from site 92

Great Family Camp

We go here twice a year with friends and kids. It’s probably one of my favorite places. The drive is short and there are plenty of amenities to keep the kiddos busy all day.

Quiet and Hidden

I visit this park multiple times a year. Most of their campers are Canadian, so the campground celebrates major US & Canadian holidays.

If you want a peaceful camp trip, this is the place (if it's not during a holiday). It is right off of a major interstate, so you'll hear occasional noise. But overall, I love this place.

If you want to party, you'll love their holiday party weekends.

Heads up, this campground does not have permanent fire rings. You will either need to bring your own pit, or rent one from the front office.

Not Peaceful

I went camping here a few years ago and definitely remember more cons than pros. Granted, it was a holiday weekend, which may be why. Parents were letting their kids run wild with no respect to others in the campground. I also had a topical allergic reaction after swimming in the pond/lake.

If you have kids, there are a lot of activities.
If you are child free and looking for peace and quiet, you'll probably want to look else where.

Great view of Lake Huron

Spots are small at best, but campground is clean and quiet with no bugs and great view of Lake Huron

Super Fun During Halloween

We have gone to this campground a few times - specifically for their Halloween festivities. This past year they weren’t as exciting as they have been (no hay ride in the forest) but still fun!! Campsites have always been a decent size and we always enjoy visiting the beach across the road. Clean bathrooms and always a good atmosphere while we are there.

Lots to do for the Family

Overall a clean facility with a ton to do from swimming at the beach or pool to mini golf and gem mining our boys had a blast. It’s a huge campground so be prepared to rent/bring a golf cart or bikes. Only complaint would be the modern restrooms need some love and hot, even warm, water.

Beautiful Park

Beautiful park with a great location. Private beaches and trails make this park feel very secluded. My family and friends love it!

Introduction to Camping

I organized a camping trip for my best friend's birthday - who's never been camping before.  I couldn't have asked for a better campground or area to introduce her to the hobby.  We chose a shady, rustic site that was decent in size - fire ring and picnic table provided.  The private beach was our favorite feature of the campground.  The sand was white and soft with a volleyball net; it was never too crowded.  There is a ton of things to do in the area: hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, horseback riding and a Dark Sky Preserve.

The bathroom facilities were large and obviously cleaned regularly.  There are shower rooms for added privacy (I'd suggest water shoes or flip flops for the shower rooms.)

It's very family friendly and people were respectful when darkness fell in regards to volume.  The only setback for me was that it was very crowded, but not more so than the average loop campground sites.  It's just personal preference to do dispersed camping.  Perfect for families or someone who's never been camping before to see what it's all about!