The best YURTS camping near
Emmitsburg , MARYLAND

Most Recent Emmitsburg Camping Reviews
My new favorite

The primitive sites have a lot of space.

Quiet, spacious and heavily wooded sites

We stayed at site D72 for 4 days. The sites are quiet, very spacious, level, and heavily wooded with 50A service, water and sewer hookup. D Loop is for RVs, A, B, C& E are tents only. AT&T 5 MB/s w/o booster(1 bar), 8 MB/s with it(2 bars). There is no satellite coverage due to the heavy tree canopy. OTA TV was descent using an external omni antenna. There is no WiFi. There is a very nice network of trails, most if not all were leashed dog friendly.

More of an RV camping spot

My friends and I booked a spot at this campground after visiting Harrisburg, PA. When we arrived, our expectations were let down by the quality of the campsite simply because of its proximity to its neighbors, the site setup and the limited space for our tents. I give it 4 stars because I am sure all of the problems we experienced would not been a huge deal if we were in an RV. Seemed like a great spot for kids/families especially because it had access to a swimming spot.

Solid State Park Campground

This place is best if you're into fishing but it has the basics covered. Good bathrooms, a beach, and some hiking around the lake. It's also pretty convenient to Harrisburg, Gettysburg, and Hershey if you want things to do. It also has some nice birding.

Beautiful Lake

The campground has places to launch boats and kayaks. Nice bathrooms and hot showers. Small store for last minute items but nothing major in the way of groceries. Be aware that the sites that are not in the woods are very sloped and leveling could be an issue. Park was about 9 miles from the Heritage Rail Trail for biking. Fellow campers were very respectful and quiet. Enjoyed our visit.

A nice family site

Definitely not as spread out as we had originally thought BUT it’s a really nice site if you’re looking to get your kids into camping there’s plenty for them to do and see. Now if you’re looking for more of a private place to camp this probably isn’t the place for you as the sites are pretty much on top of each other! That being said definitely worth the money especially if you’re really only there for a night

The best!

Such a wonderful campground. We have visited 5x this year. Wooded sites, open sites, tent sites. All great!

One of my favorites

We spend a few weekends a year here. Nice campground, great Halloween weekend. We stay in A loop

Well spaced and maintained full service RV sites

Only came through for a weekend but the sites were well maintained, and felt separated enough to have some privacy. Staff were amazing about maintaining safe conditions for campers. All possible precautions seemed to be taken.

Great place and location

The park is located on a beautiful lake. We picked loop A to stay in the woods. Campgrounds are nicely spaced and clean. Cleanest bathrooms I’ve seen at a park. There is a nice little shop at the gate with very friendly staff.