The best RV SITES camping near
Trenton , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Trenton Camping Reviews
Super friendly staff

Took us last minute. Very friendly and accommodating. Clean bathroom facilities

GREAT Customer Service & A Super Fun Time!

I'm originally from Nashville and this was a wonderful place to spend the holidays so we could visit family and be in our own "home" still! We stayed for 2 weeks over Christmas/New Year's and shared a buddy site with my dad. I believe it was sites 38 & 39. We have a 40' motorhome and flat tow a Jeep and he has a 5th Wheel and had 2 vehicles there. We all still had plenty of space.

First, let me tell you what I LOVE about Grand Ole RV! The location is ideal. Right off the interstate and very easy to get to downtown as well as closer local restaurants & shopping. The staff is the BEST! Everyone was super friendly & very helpful. Unfortunately, our hot water & furnace unit had to be replaced during our stay, but it couldn't have happened at a better campground as the shower/bathroom area was very clean & nice. We had breakfast at the market a couple of times & it was delicious! The entertainment for NYE was seriously the most fun we've had out in a while. Nothing says Nashville like live country music! We will definitely be staying here again. **Tip, we drove up the road just a couple of minutes to Galbreath's Market (looks like an old gas station) and had the best filet cut on-site for us that we've ever had! Apparently, local country music stars will get their meat here often too.

What you may not love - but totally didn't bother us! This is right off the main road so there can be some traffic noise. Again, didn't bother us. There is also a very active railroad track that runs right along the back - which we actually loved. This isn't a campground that we would choose to stay at all day every day and play with the kids as they don't have a lot of amenities for that. The sites are mostly gravel, and while ours was level, it does get a bit of flooding when it rains. None of this, however, will stop us from being back. And we're pretty picky!

Bottom line, if you're visiting Nashville and want a fun time & excellent customer service in an excellent location, don't pass up Grand Ole RV!

Good Location for the money

Friendly staff tight spaces

Nice little lake

Started a 4 day kayak trip around LBL (41 miles from Energy Lake to Fenton Self Service Campground) from Energy Lake. Nice spot, lots of skeeters in the summer.

It's the OK'est campground in the area.

This place is OK when it's not a busy weekend.  We stayed on Memorial Day Weekend and it's was completely full.  When it's full, it's just TOO full.  Too many people, dogs and kids that are too close together.  It's a shame because it's in a beautiful park, they just need more room between the sites.

If it's not a long weekend and they're not full, I would highly recommend the location for the hiking and the remoteness.  When it's full, it's just too crowded.

Great waterside locations

We took two different weekends at Piney Campground and both times were able to get waterside spots and drop the kayaks right in at the campsite.  There are a LOT of kids around riding bikes (so be careful driving) but people respect the campsites and do a good job of being good neighbors.

The best spots book up quickly, especially for long weekends so reserve EARLY if you want a specific date.

In the city

Good on location in the city. Laundry machines are old. Has free cable and wifi.

Nice spot - loud road

The spot was nice, the park was lovely, but the road noise was bothersome. We were in a spot pretty far from the road but it was very noticeable. Bathrooms were nice, restaurant was closed for the season.

Unique spot

Fun experience staying with all the horses! I didn’t really know it was a thing to bring horses to camp and ride them on the trails! Loved it. Spots are pretty close together but fine for big rigs. Drawbacks: Sites 49-51 are mislabeled online. Booked a pullthru spot on 49 but it wasn’t. Campground was pretty full and we weren’t offered a lot to correct that the website was wrong. I could pay more for a different site… ended up taking “49” back in with ample space. Horses neigh, lots of barking dogs and some rowdy late night campers. If you are looking for a quiet getaway reconsider. We enjoyed being in it all and near the horses.

Nice Place!

Nice, medium size park with plenty of pull through sites that have full hookups. Great service through TMobile and Verizon. Bathhouse was very clean and modern, although it didn't look very wheelchair accessible. There's a well lit communal fireplace, a small playground, a volleyball net, and plenty of dog walking space. As others have said, the only real drawback is the noise from the interstate. I'm a fairly sound sleeper - usually wake up about 8 or 9, but the interstate noise woke me up at 6 both days I stayed. Overall nice place though!