Camping in Sulphur Springs

231 Reviews of 22 Sulphur Springs, Kentucky Campgrounds

Evan G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Needs some love

The camp ground itself isn't bad. I don't think it's quite up to the usual KOA standards. Bathrooms were centrally located which was fine unless you're tent camping on the outer edge. The shower curtains were moldy and the bathrooms seemed a little run down, but everything functioned well.

Some…

N

Loved this camping area!

I love camping in this area! Mammoth caves is so beautiful every time I camp there I see deer running through my camping site. It’s so beautiful I will come back again and again!

N

Love this area!

Mammoth cave area is so beautiful - definitely take the tour through the caves and check out the history and the artists  that are selling things all over the area.

Jason N.The Dyrt PRO User

Ok

Campground was OK. 3 different loops with nicely spaced out shady sites. Really not much to do unless you're taking cave tours or hiking.

SiteB16
m
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

First visit to campgrounds

Our spot was great and didn’t require much leveling. We did get a deluxe spot. However we only got the spot because at the others were sold out. Many of the other Spots were on hills and right on top of each other. Driving in and out was a bit challenging mainly because a lot of people parked their…

Site53-D
Nathan W.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Avoid 33-P at all cost

Sites are close together. 33-P is terrible. Took me an hour and an engineering degree to get it leveled safely.

Site33-P
M
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Buzzard Roost Indiana

It has been a wonderful experience. My only complaint in the little black fly like bugs in the bathroom building (toilet pit). Other than that and the rain, it has been relaxing.

• our home for the weekend.
Site#3
C
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

No electric, do dishwashing at the water hydrant was a pain.

Hiking near the visitor center was good although we had trouble finding longer trails. We didn't book far enough in advance to do anything but the self guided cave tour. However the outlaw wild cave tour at nearby Jesse James stables was fantastic.

Brett F.
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Crowded & Dated

We stayed at the resort July 9-12, 2021: Site A9. The campground was nearly full. That meant lots of automobiles and golf carts. It doesn't appear that the one-car rule per campsite is enforced. And drivers of golf carts are not very considerate.

The campsites are very close together. Facilities…

SiteA9
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Amazing View

Amazing View. Close to Mammoth Cave as well.

SiteA12
r
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Great place if you are going to the park

My kids and I camp here when we plan to spend time at the park. It’s very convenient. Bathrooms are always clean too.

L
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Fun family campground

This is a great location near the lake, dog park and community center and has excellent internet access.

Site80-L
Jason J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Short walk to visitor center

Decent facilities, well maintained. Sites are spacious with distance between. Short walk to visitor center/trailheads. Comes in handy if you need to queue up early for same-day cave tickets.

Site18B
Riley S.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Summer Fun

This is a nice quiet campground. I have taken my daughters here a few times. Swimming and tubing in the lake or even taking the pontoon boat out for a gathering on the island.

The campground is very clean and the camp hosts are amazing. Facilities are nice, showers and bathrooms. Close to town…

SiteE070
Katrin M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2021

We camped here for 2 nights with our dogs. The campground has 4 loops. We were in the B loop. All the sites come with a stone bench and table and a fire pit with a cooking grate. The campsites provide a lot of shade, which is great in the summer month. They are not very private but spacious. Some…