Camping in Prentiss

233 Reviews of 22 Prentiss, Kentucky Campgrounds

Aakansha J.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Good for a pit stop

On a road trip and stopped for the night here. The place was good for stopping on the way, but probably not one I would like to stay a few days at. There were tons of bees and daddy long legs all over the campground and the sites were a little small. Still a decent place though! Just know that in…

Nancy B.
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Nice view by the lake

We chose to camp in a primitive site and ended up right on the lake. We are here during the week so it’s really nice and quiet!! Would definitely come back!

SiteC12
Beth H.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Great Small Campground

Love staying here! Small campground and hard to get weekend reservations, but it’s a great place for kids to play and adults to relax. Sites are large and level. Easy lake access and a beach for use as well. Only downside is it is open for public use as well. It was very full on Saturday with…

Tom J.

Fun Lakeside Camping

Axtel is a nice COE campground on Rough River Lake. Very family friendly and clean.

The sites are a little tighter than a typical COE facility but there appeared to be many folks buddy camping so it was well suited for that. Most site have power and water and it looked to be updated not too long…

• Great western view
SiteE70
Katrina

CANT BELEIVE IT.

This place I can't even begin . I have lived in KY ALOT OF MY LIFE .I HAD NO IDEA THIS EXISTED. AND I STILL HAVE A HARD TIME I FEEL LIKE I HAVE OPENED THE DOORS OF A STORY BOOK AND THERE IT IS THIS PLACE IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR BUT ALWAYS THOUGHT I HAD TO GO FAR AWAY TO SEE SOMETHING LIKE THIS OR…

Sitecamp sites 5
JThe Dyrt PRO User

My Favorite Campground

I love mammoth cave campground a whole lot. It’s not just the caves but I love the camp sites here. The rangers are super helpful and even if the tours are sold out the trails are awesome. Especially if you love snapping photos of the landscape.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Big Rig Friendly Very Nice

Would have got 5 stars but the power would spike several times a day to 129-132 volts setting off alarm in coach. We moved spots and same issue but fewer times a day. Highly recommend Surge Protector at this park. Other than that, super nice, kid friendly, obviously, with lots to do right in the…

Site222-252
Lena L.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Full National Park Camping Experience

Very nice sites, clean bathrooms, ranger led talks throughout the day and in the evening at the amphitheater, close to showers, post office, and camp store. I enjoyed staying here!

z
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Great

Swell place to camp

Gordon L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Nice Nation Park campground

This is a very nice campground and very close to Mammoth Cave. The sites were well established and level for the most part. Check in was at 3:00 and I tried to check in early. No Dice! There is limited food available for purchase at the camp store. Their biscuits and gravy is delicious!

Site074 (tent)
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Typical Resort style campground

This is a resort not a get away from it all camping. It is well maintained, friendly staff, lots to do for kids. Sites are close, as in any resort style campground. Full hook ups, good cell service, WiFi is an additional cost.

Siteb38
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Awesome city campground

Very pretty city park with wide sites though some are close together. Nice lake, trails, swimming area. Etc. Sites have water and electric, dump station on site. Weekends are busy. We would stay here again.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Nice but.....

I stayed for 2 weeks and they DO have many amenities that are nice post covid, the staff is friendly and helpful, but if you’re looking for leg room keep going. RVS and campers are packed in like sardines and it is an extremely high priced, 490 for just two weeks!!

Sitee 17
William C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Fun small adventure!

Cave creek is conveniently close to the water. Setting up was fast easy and convenient. I did feel cramped with the tightly squeezed camp sites but other than that my friends and family really enjoyed themselves!

SiteCamp site 57
Kimberly P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Loved this place and we will definitely be back.

The camp host are incredibly helpful. We had a few issues with our camper and they did everything to help us trouble shoot it. The area is beautiful, my kids had a blast playing with other kids and running around. Super clean, well laid out, great showers. Lots of families and dogs.