Camping in Paint Lick

Recent Equestrian Reviews Near Paint Lick, Kentucky

135 Reviews of 18 Paint Lick, Kentucky Campgrounds

T
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Large, secluded, full-shade sites!

This is a fantastic campground. Literally the only thing it lacks is sewer hookups but the dump station is convenient. This will be a regular for us. Stayed in A12 and it is level, secluded, completely shaded and very large.

SiteA 12
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Koomer Ridge Campground

First come first serve campground. Has a mix of back in sites and walk in sites. Plenty of photo opportunities and hiking trails.

N
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Awesome trip

I love the spectacular rock features  in this area - they’re so beautiful! I enjoy camping ⛺️ here very much.

N
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Great camping trip

I liked the camp site and would love to come back again. People we met were very friendly and we had a great time. Got up early in the morning and watched the sun rise - just beautiful! I also sat very still, while a baby doe came very close to me, and I watched her munching on some grass. Great…

Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Turkey foot Campground

All tent pad sites with fire ring/grill and lantern hook. Vault toilets are available. No garbage pickup so pack it out!! Hiking and fishing are done activities

Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Bee Rock Campground

All sites are new walk-in that have just been redone after flood damage. Laurel county side only!

Winn V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Not up to standards

Showers had no hooks. Everything got wet in shower and no where to change. 3 of 5 commodes clogged. No laundry. Bathrooms were a hike on a steep road so most drove. Tent site was okay. Won’t be back

Sitec02
Winn V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Not the best

Sites were fine. Bathrooms not good. Showers had no hooks to hang dry clothes and everything got wet. 3 of 5 commodes were clogged. After a hot day, I just wanted to refresh but didn’t work. Camp only sites are a drive as to walk there, you have to go over a steep road and you were sweating by the…

Sitetents only C-2
kThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2021

Very nice

Most sites are straight in instead of angles to the road making them a tight squeeze. Dusty too. Gravel roads but speed limit is too high. Otherwise very nice and bathroom/showers are nice as is the laundry

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

Beautiful and Quiet

Not many first come first serve sites, but if you can snag a spot you will be rewarded with a peaceful evening. There is a theatre insight which is 70 years old and full of history. Amazing people, close to town and very inexpensive.

aThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Not an RV Park

This place is not an RV park. This is only a parking place behind buildings just off the main road. Yes they do have hook ups but this is not the nicest area and you are sharing a pool with the Budget Inn hotel guest. There are only a few spots to park. Yea you are close to a few restaurants but…

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Very hilly

The site I was in was on such a steep hill I left early because I was afraid I would break my leg getting in and out if my camper.

A
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Very quiet camping

One side of the campground is back open and looking great! Campground is very clean and quiet with drinking water and vault toilets. Most of the sites have stairs from parking spot to camp area. Sites are spaced out pretty nicely to give some privacy. You can still walk across the bridge to get to…

Vinny K.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Great

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.. firewood delivered to campsite and very helpful