Camping in Packard

Recent Cabins Reviews Near Packard, Kentucky

194 Reviews of 29 Packard, Kentucky Campgrounds

T
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Great proximity to lake but campground needs work

Very convenient to the lake but the campground is a little rough. Just changed ownership so there is hope. Sites are very unlevel. Dump station is on the wrong side of the road and not well maintained. No hose to flush your tanks. Mostly seasonal sites which would be rough with no sewer hookups.…

SiteD 10
T
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Large, secluded, full-shade sites!

This is a fantastic campground. Literally the only thing it lacks is sewer hookups but the dump station is convenient. This will be a regular for us. Stayed in A12 and it is level, secluded, completely shaded and very large.

SiteA 12
R
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Nice state park

Roomy sites, quiet, good place for families to gather. Easy to find.

N
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Loved this area!

I love coming back to this area - there’s always so much to see! We got a cabin and cooked outside w/marinated chicken breast and charcoal that I brought w/us. Beautiful area!

N
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Beautiful place

I love that there was a pool to cool off on a hot day at this campground. I love exploring the area, and hiking trails.

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Hand pick your site if you can

The sites are inconsistent between their sizes on the Clifty campground.  We had two small tents and one car.  If we had any more gear or people it would have been uncomfortable.

I had to be careful when parking as I had to avoid the water supply, 2 trees, a safety pole for the water supply…

• This park still allows for paying with cash or check.
  • They did have a home made lock on the dumpster by our campsite.  No other bear precautions were really visible as they had the standard trash cans around the park.
  • We didn't see any bears but did keep our food contained.
Kenny P.
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Bee Rock Campground

All sites are new walk-in that have just been redone after flood damage. Laurel county side only!

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Great Time

My wife and I decided to stay local because we just got a new camper and wanted to be near home.on case anything went wrong. It was like seeing Cove Lake all over again. The camp ground is great and the bath houses are super clean. Will definitely be back!

Mikaela H.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Not there

Used 1 star to get folks' attention. If this site does exist around there, it's not at the listed coordinates- nor is any camping site that I could find or hear of from the locals who explained that the site I did find near the coordinates (that didn't look like the previous reviews pictures too…

Jason J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

A bit crowded

A couple of the tent sites are waterfront and ideal for a tenter like me. The rest seem a little packed together, though some offer a little bit of seclusion. Decent facilities and easy access to Devil’s Backbone section of Cumberland trail.

Month of VisitApril
Rebecca J.
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Pure gold for such an inexpensive price

I think lots number 712 and 13 are the best because they are situated right around a beautiful pond with massive lily pads and dragonflies. It is about a 20 minute drive to a local store or a save a lot when we forgot some groceries. The trees are mature so there is plenty of shade and lofty space…

• very pretty pond on-site
  • the rock bridge about .3 miles from the campground turnoff
  • the playground
Michael T.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Good water front sites

Site/Surface:

• Site 63 was an excellent site with great views and within feet of the water. Surface was nice/flat and plenty of grass for a tent

• Site 65 was an excellent site with great views and within feet of the water. Surface was nice/flat and plenty of grass for a tent

Cell…

Site63 & 65
Sterling H.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Crowded and noisy

This place is not for you if you are looking for solitude or silence. It might be your scene if you’re into parties. Tent sites were not all accessible by drive up - some you had to park at the top of the hill and walk down. Bathrooms were clean though, and the staff was friendly. Can’t beat the…

Michelle C.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Lake life is strong here!

We absolutely love this campground. You can camp on the water and watch amazing sunsets . They have a beach with a few rentals. No sewer hookups! There are some fun mountain biking and hiking trails.

The road to get here is quite small, long, and winding. Be aware if you’re in a big rig.

Sitesite 13