Camping in Oakdale

297 Reviews of 30 Oakdale, Kentucky Campgrounds

GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Climbing trips

I always choose lago Linda’s for my climbing trips, they provide everything you need with dispersed enough areas that you can feel alone in the woods some nights but close enough to civilization for your basic needs. I also love the option of fishing on site during rest days

Sitefield
P
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Cozy campground with great stream

We loved our weekend stay at Middle Fork campground.  We were at B012 which backed right up to the creek.  We had adequate room between the sites and enjoyed the view of the tree lined creek behind us.   For those with kids (or for adults!) who love creekin', b27, b28, b29 would have easier access…

• site b012
  • Hoedown Island - pool to left
SiteB012
E B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

Kentucky Mountains

Great campground for a one night stop. Friendly staff; went the extra mile. Lots of things for kids to do. Lovely area. Had to give 4 stars as the site was impossible to get RV level.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

Perfect for our granddaughter

Stopped overnight on a trip north. Would have happily stayed a few days. The pool, miniature golf and bounce pad were a huge hit with our granddaughter. Sites aren’t large but everything is well maintained and the staff is very helpful.

Ben R.
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

KOA RENFRO VALLEY

Excellent and well run facility. Staff was very friendly and eager to help. Many activities for all ages.

Dylan K.
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

Not Dispersed / Lenient Staff

Awesome place with basketball hoops, playgrounds, lake for fishing, kayaking and even hookups for campers. They have a fully-stocked camp store and even have fun themes such as karaoke night! Not to mention it is right outside of DBBB. An issue I had was it does not have dispersed camping (free),…

SiteP22
Kenny P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Koomer Ridge Campground

First come first serve campground. Has a mix of back in sites and walk in sites. Plenty of photo opportunities and hiking trails.

Nice small camping area

It’s a great small camping area make sure you get a flat lot there’s plenty of them. Although there’s more you’re near so many beautiful areas/ definitely a place to come back to!

Awesome trip

I love the spectacular rock features  in this area - they’re so beautiful! I enjoy camping ⛺️ here very much.

Beautiful campsite

There’s plenty campsites to pick from.  I like the ones  that have  a stream running through the background,  and the wildlife around you, is just stunning! I definitely would come back! I love hiking boots for this trip. We found some cool caves along our hiking trail.

Great camping trip

I liked the camp site and would love to come back again. People we met were very friendly and we had a great time. Got up early in the morning and watched the sun rise - just beautiful! I also sat very still, while a baby doe came very close to me, and I watched her munching on some grass. Great…

Ashley G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Great Family Campground

Super staff and lots to do for kids. Sites are small but some full hookups.

• Play button icon
Kenny P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Turkey foot Campground

All tent pad sites with fire ring/grill and lantern hook. Vault toilets are available. No garbage pickup so pack it out!! Hiking and fishing are done activities

K
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Beautiful spot on the Licking River

I love this place for many reasons.  The proximity to the river and kayaking is a big priority for me.  They have kayaks for rent at the campground or you can bring your own.  They shuttle you up to the dam and it takes a couple of hours to get back down to their campground.  Justin pulls your…

• Kayaking on the Licking River
  • Sunset at the campground
K
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

secluded sites, shade, trees, clean and level sites

We camped here in June when the temps were in the 90's and the shade that the trees in this campground offer were a life saver.  The campground is always clean and the sites are level with gravel.  They have picnic tables and fire pits at each site and water is usually close.  Check maps because…

• Did a little crappie and bass fishing while we were there.
  • Grandkids loving the adventure.
  • Cave Run Lake Sunsets