Camping in Geveden

43 Reviews of 6 Geveden, Kentucky Campgrounds

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Nice little spot

The staff was friendly and helpful. Clean bathrooms and laundry facilities. They are planting trees and trying to improve the grounds. It is a good location and easy access to the Shawnee forest. We stayed 2 nights and would stay there again.

Peter F.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

zero maintenance run down smelly

Overwhelming smell of dead fish that are laying aplenty on the shores of Ohio Rv. as there is no staff to clean up. Add to this general malaise of zero maintenance mowing or repairing decrepid sites and you get the picture. Did have 30 amp to drive my AC that covered the sound of the work crew…

WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Sweet little campground

Just 4 miles from highway 62 in Kuttawa, KY and it feels like another place in time. You can fish Lake Barkley from your campsite or just enjoy the waves washing up. Level gravel sites with tables and a big fire pit with a cooking grate. Nice shade trees and some nature trails. There is a very…

• site 9
  • lake Barkley
  • site 8 is a pull through
Samantha F.
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Great Overnight Stop

Was a great campground to stop at overnight. It’s conveniently located right off the interstate. Check in was super easy and contactless. The full hooks up were great. We had a spot by the pond and it was a great place to walk the kids and dogs around. Would definitely stay here again.

Dakota M.
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2021

Amazing

Amazing

Lindsay W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2020

Pretty

This was our first stop on a trip out west. It was a great spot to pull into for the night, pretty sunset over the little lake on site. Sites were kinda close together but that is more of a preference thing I think. Picnic table, hook ups, level, host was friendly.

Dina O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2020

Great place to stop on our way to Florida!

Only stayed 1 night, but beautiful sunset over the lake. Was able to catch and release a small mouth bass while cooking dinner. Owners are very friendly- will stop again!

Jim L.
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2020

Fern cliff

This place is really great. Hiking and camping get an a+

Tye K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2020

Just an easy going stay

Not a lot of tent sites, but enough. Nice wooded primitive sites with easy access to water and toilets. Had my pups with, and no problems at all. Nice trails for different hiking skill sets. Only issue I found at all was firewood is surprisingly difficult to come by.

M
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2020

Quiet

I stayed at Ferne Clyffe on a weekend in July 2020. I used this park as a base camp for exploring Shawnee National Forest and the Cache River Preserve. There’s a lot of outdoor things to do in this area. Ferne Clyffe is small. There’s one campground for RVs with electric hookups and another…

Brennan M.
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2020

Very RV heavy

I actually didn't end up camping here because it looked like a rock site. I maybe saw two tents, everyone else in big RV's. If you are doing tent camping I would look elsewhere. I might've missed an area that was more tent friendly but I didn't see it. I would do primitive with a tent probably.

M
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2020

One of my favorites!

I love Ferne Clyffe State Park - the walk up primitive sites are secluded, wooded, and within a pit toilet and water source. Make sure you take time to explore the waterfall and other short trails nearby.

Jessica R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 18, 2020

Quiet

The sites are nice and level. Quiet in the area. Picnic table and fire ring at every site. Park offers firewood. Pond for fishing so bring your poles. It's catch and release. Manager is very friendly and accommodates you as possible.

A
Reviewed May. 12, 2020

Beautiful site!

The staff was unbelievably friendly. The sites are great. It’s close to parks & food. We had cell phone service, which is a plus for us. We’ll definitely be back to explore more.