Ebenezer , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Ebenezer Camping Reviews
Good Experience

Nice place. Got up at the crack of dawn and took a walk, saw lots of critters.

Good location

Nice campground in a good location. Some things were a little out dated but everything looked well kept.

Standard KOA/Awesome stay!

This is a typical KOA park but in an awesome area. The only downside is the traffic noise from the highway. It was not audible inside the RV so it wasn’t enough to disturb sleep.

The park has nice long pull through spaces, and quite a few long term residents of the park. They have a very nice dog park with obstacles for them in a central location to be accessed by everyone.

The sites were level and clear of obstacles. They left plenty of space for vehicles and rigs. We had a pull through patio and the space had a giant beautiful tree that was very helpful in the heat.

Equipment is well maintained at this location! Cell service for AT&T and TMobile we’re both excellent.

Nice KOA

This was a nice KOA, but some sites were small with all sites having very small fire pits made from only old tire wheels. This KOA has a pool, fishing, putt putt, dump station, general store, cabins, a little run down restroom/bath houses, kids play scape, large chess board, and a dog park. This KOA was about 20 minutes from Mammoth Cave National Park and the National Corvette Museum. Both are worth the trip to.

Pleasant-N-Easy

This was a pleasant and easy  full service rv park to enjoy a day of peace off the road + great overnighter.  People were very nice and attentive with lots of RV manipulation help.  No Bluegrass when we were there in the spring.  Still this is a nice park to stay in on the way north.

Watch the approach since you could head into the truck stop - stay to the right and you will be ok.  I used the truck stop to fill up on the way out and it was OK. Dad's was a good stop for the night but our expectations were more than delivered since no bluegrass - even music would have been ok - so disappointed.

It is really easy in-out if you pay attention.  Enjoy.

Need some updates

Overall the sites were nice, but our site wasn’t exactly level. We were just spending one night and arrived late. In the morning our looped cleared out early. I assume they put the one-nighters all together in loop D. The pool was not opened, in fact it was empty. And the cable TV service was removed. The WiFi worked.

The cabins looked nice from the outside.

Beach, camping, what else do you need?

Great place to set up camp and enjoy! On site washer and dryers, very nice shower houses, the camp attended is super nice, all the staff will go above and beyond to make your stay a great one. Every night there are deers out grazing and it's near fishing spots, and Wayne's right up the street is a super nice little country store. I will be going back to camp there again and again.The restrooms and grounds were very clean at the campsite. The camp host and store clerk were friendly and helpful. This is a very small park with a quiet campground. There is no gate to the campground, so there is some traffic that comes through from time to time which I didn't care for. The trails were nice. The beach and beach house were just okay, not bad, but not great either.

Ranger Review Red Ledge Thunderlight jacket at Axtel Campground

Campground Review: I have stayed at and reviewed this campground before, however this time I am reviewing our experience at site I158 over Labor Day Weekend while using the Red Ledge Thunderlight jacket. Site I158 has no electric or water. It is a fairly small tent site that is very close to other sites. There is only enough room for 1 tent and 1 vehicle. The fire ring is nice and has a grill attached. There is a large picnic table and a prep table with a tall hook, which we hung our trash on. The site is gravel but I was able to put in my tent stakes with minimal effort. The site is completely wooded, so if you don't like tent camping near trees, this site is not for you. The upside is there are plenty of sticks for kindling. I did however get hit with a few falling acorns, and that did not feel good at all. The quiet time at this campground is respected and followed. The beach is great for hanging out and swimming in the lake. The beach had previously been damaged by flooding but was beautiful for Labor Day Weekend.

Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt www.thedyrt.com, I get products to test from time to time and today I am reviewing the Men& Women's Thunderlight Jacket from Red Ledge https://www.redledge.com/products/mens-and-womens-thunderlight-jacket?variant=7068462153788. I made a video folding the jacket into the carrying bag after I returned home from camping.

1. What I liked about this product: The jacket fits great. Using the size guidelines on Red Ledge's website, I ordered the appropriate sized jacket and it fits perfectly. I like the sealed edges that kept any water from getting to my clothes underneath. This jacket is lightweight. It is a great jacket to use anywhere, but this would be great for back country camping. Because it's lightweight and breathable, I also used it for sun protection while sitting on Rough River Lake beach. The hood hangs over a little bit keeping the sun and rain out of your eyes. The cuffs and the bottom of the jacket are adjustable, which I love. Red Ledge offers this jacket in 13 different colors, but I chose Mercury(gray). The price of the jacket is a little higher than I expected, however, I believe this jacket will hold up over time and be completely worth it. As a tent camper, I have learned to spend a little more money on better quality products than to buy cheap stuff and have to keep replacing them.

2. What I didn't like about this product: I didn't quite understand how the hood adjust worked and it took me a little bit of figuring it out. However, once I understood what I was doing, it worked great.

Overall, I would recommend this jacket. My son has the youth version of The Thunderlight and he loves it. I think Red Ledge has made a good quality product that anyone can use and appreciate.

Enjoy a beach in the middle of KY!

I suggest you make a reservation as this campground fills up quickly. Axtel is located on the shore of Rough River Lake and has over 150 camp sites. Almost every site has quick access and/or views of the lake. There is a designated swimming and beach area. There are several restrooms located throughout the campsite. They were clean and stocked with toilet paper and hand soap. There is an easily accessed dumpster area and dump station near the main entrance. WiFi is available however, there is a fee. There is a boat ramp, so you can bring your boat and/or other watercraft. Fishing is allowed as well. There are a lot of sites with electric and water, but some without either. There are sites for tent camping and RV's. Sites have fire pits and a post with a hook for hanging trash and/or lanterns. No alcohol is allowed. Dogs on a leash are allowed. While we were here, several of the sites along the lake were flooded (see pics). The beach had recently been closed due to flooding, but was open while we were there. If you dig down just a couple of inches on the beach, you'll find clay. My kids loved this and made a couple of clay pots (see pics). As with most campsites we visit, people here were friendly and courteous. There is not a market on site, however there was a Dollar General about 13 miles away. They had a lot of the groceries we needed. There were also several gas stations along the way there that had ice and firewood. This is a great place for families to enjoy a beach without leaving KY!

Pleasant Stop

Clean, well kept KOA. Friendly staff & convenient location. We fished in the pond & enjoyed breakfast with some feathered friends. Surprisingly quiet even though it’s close to the highway. Will stay here again if we’re in the area.