Camping in Bald Hill

366 Reviews of 32 Bald Hill, Kentucky Campgrounds

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

KOA Ashland

KOA staff was very friendly and accommodating. We were able to stay extra days with out any problems. It was A practice run for us since we just started camping . For our first adventure every thing worked out fine. The campground has miniature golf , A playground, A fenced area for dogs a pond and…

Sitesite 16
Shawnda K.
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Worst koa I have been to

Rude! Employee even warned us that the owner is a bitty!! Nothing to do!! Save your time and money!!

Siteru3
John D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Natural Bridge

This was a a beautiful state park. We had a great campsite along the river. Clean campground, friendly staff. Great hiking trails. The hike to Natural Bridge is a must. The views are awesome. We had lunch at the lodge. The food was par for state park lodges, no complaints.

SiteB-10
K
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Nice sites

We stayed in the A loop first night. Sites are roomy and level. Perfect. Next we stayed in the B loop much smaller. Otherwise we’ll kept grounds. Would recommend

SiteB116
A
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

NO CICADAS

We were THRILLED to leave our cicada-infested northern Kentucky home and find that this park was blissfully free of Brood X cicadas. It was so peaceful, and we were able to fully enjoy the outdoors.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

It's ok

Sites are not very level but they are separated somewhat. Don't eat at the lodge... I've had better food at Speedway gas station.

A
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Quiet and simple

I stayed 3 nights and I was the only person there the whole time. My site was a good size, a nice camping pad, picnic table, fire ring,  Clean bathrooms, multiple water taps. Note there is a shooting range nearby, I think the hours were 9am-9pm. Didn't bother me during the day, but definitely could…

Cody B.
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Awesome place

Great little camp ground. Quiet, clean, and affordable. Most of the trails and caves are only seconds away.

G
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Nice park, but tent sites are a joke

The camp site we reserved wasn’t where it wasn’t indicated on the map. It had no fire ring or picnic table and the person in the site next to our site had his tent in our site because his site had a bunch of trees in his and where his tent should have gone the people in the next site had put their…

Site108 first site but moved to 119
Anny A. G.
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Gateway to the woods

We stayed in a cabin, didn't have any mattress in lol but the view was amazing

Nicole B.
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2021

Nice Spot

Very popular for RV. I was just tent camping. Decent sized plots. Bathroom facilities were good. Nice stay.

SiteP005
Micah N.
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2021

Amazing area

We stayed at one of the walk in sites and loved it. We felt like we had the forest to ourselves. Beautiful area with amazing hiking. The

nThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2021

Most Beautiful Campground Around!

Been camping here for more than 40 years, as a kid we loved it, as an adult camping with kids, love it even more. A few of the sites we have stayed in recently are D011, G007, and I008. All were great, plenty of privacy, sites are far enough away that you don't feel right on top of each other but…

• Map of Twin Knobs on Left
Marissa G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2021

Nice Campground Right between Lexington and Georgetown

I'll preface this with the fact that I am a Lexington, KY Native and have always lived close to the Kentucky Horse Park and Kentucky Horse Park Campground, but have never stayed there until this weekend.

We stayed on Loop A in site #38.

First, site #38 was a great large and fairly level…

• Idea of the amount of space behind the camp sites
  • Area between our camper and there was about another 10 ft behind me to the next camper. I could have put 3 Yukon XLs comfortably between out neighbors site and ours.
  • On the Legacy Trail at the Horse Park
SiteA38
NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2021

Beautiful wooded sites

The sites are big and level with lots of trees in between. The bathrooms were private and clean. The volunteers were really great!

There were two things that detracted from our stay. First, the lake was flooded. One of the volunteers said this isn’t unusual in the spring. We couldn’t use the beach…