Camping in Aaron

249 Reviews of 42 Aaron, Kentucky Campgrounds

Lawrence P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Great State Park!

Nice secluded place! Very well kept. Facilities are clean and love that they recycle. Sites ate well spaced apart. Pretty level. Each site has lots of room to entertain or just sit out and enjoy the wilderness. Water, electric, firepit and picnic tables at each site as well. Not too many large site…

• Our site 22 we stayed in. Very nice and quiet!
  • Great recycling program!
  • Check in Kiosk (small bldg in front) Bathhouse in back
Maze M.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Spacious, Peaceful Campgrounds

I am currently here and I gotta say I am impressed. The bathrooms are clean, I am not close to my neighboring campers, the parking spots are huge, and it's a great area to walk around.

• The Recreational Area
  • A view of the campsite
  • Deer
SiteSmith Ridge - Site 32
I
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Litter Ruins Great Spot

We needed a spot for Labor Day weekend and discovered Barren Fork Horse Camp in Daniel Boone National Forest near Whitley, KY. There are lots of great hikes and natural bridges in the area to check out. We had no problem finding a site. The biggest negative is the amount of trash that was left in…

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Sad campground for such a beautiful area

We stayed two nights in the Ridgeline Campground, site R22. This is a beautiful area, but there is nothing beautiful about the campground. Seemed run down and the spots are right next to each other. Make sure to watch the “max vehicle length” - we have a 21’ van and we barely fit into our site…

• Ridgeline Campground site R22
SiteR22
Hope G.
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Terrible

We got there late for a primitive site and all the sudden the mgr and police show up mind u the mgr passed us 3 times instead of stopping as a professional mgr should he calls police and tells me the website does not state primitive lol. It was cluttered loud and tacky.

Siteprimitive tent
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Great spot

So easy to get to off i40. Beautiful place with spacious lots and many trees for shade. Gated campground for safety and Hannah to us right to our spot and get all hook up. We e are here only one night g ht but awesome place. Wifi works great.

Sitea11
Douglas K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

Heed the warnings about the southern entrance

We didn't and ended up driving an extra hour to get to the campground.

Our only complaint is the site was not level. When we were able to get the camper level the tongue was 40" high. We had to borrow 6 8X8 blocks from the Rangers in order to stabilize the front

Other than that, we enjoyed the…

SiteRV back-in site
Month of VisitNovember
Douglas K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

One of my first State Parks

This is the first State Park I visited in the mid sixties. Great place for a family reunion. There is a small swimming area that is kid friendly, Canoes and kayaks are available. Fishing is allowed with license

There are numerous cabins and lodges. Covered pavilions can be rented for large…

jenni P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2021

So close to everything

Tucked between Green River Lake and Lake Cumberland, the community of Columbia serves as a gateway to all of the great fishing and watersports in south-central Kentucky. Located just off the Cumberland Parkway, Columbia is a convenient stop and an ideal location for those seeking a peaceful…

• campgrounds
  • Play button icon
Sitecabin
Ben R.
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Lake Cumberland

Close to State Dock and free transportation from the RV park to the dock. Wooded area and facilities were very good.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

Camp

Love it clean nice people Has water some of the time no electricity sites are well kept has horseshoe pits no stores close by no cell phone service but it does have clean toilets fishing is good

Site3 by the river
Drew E.
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Awesome campground

Took my kids swimming here last weekend. We got a day use pass pass $5 per adult. Kids under 6 are free to get in so all my kids were free. The kids had the best time. Thinking about going back this weekend!

Sitedayuse
Annette A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Great place to camp, go swimming and kayaking.

This is a great campground. We love it here. We’ve been here three times now and will keep coming back. The staff is friendly and engaging.

SiteSite number 5
N
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Beautiful camping trip

I’ve stayed all over the mammoth cave area and this is a beautiful place to stay as well. I keep coming back because it’s so pretty!