Lenox, GEORGIA
Most Recent Lenox Camping Reviews
Nothing fancy but great for one night.

Just what we needed for a place to park overnight. Large level pull-throughs. Clean bathrooms. Reasonable rates. Only downside - very close to the interstate noise, but we slept fine.

Great getaway!

Well kept campground and facilities.  Good place to walk short trails, biking, boating and fishing.  There is a miniture golf and playground within sight of the campground.  Good place to get together with family and friends.

Bad vibes and pot holes!

Stayed here over Fourth of July the camp sites are spaced no more than 10 feet away you can touch your neighbors. No one is friendly here. I waved at one of the grounds keepers and he stared at me blankly. I went into the office to drop off my check and I think I heard the owner hit his lil dog for barking when we walked in and he was in a rush to get rid of me. Nothing like the other wonderful campsites we stayed at on our drive across America. It looks like lots of people stay here long term and have very permanent looking residences around their RVs and campers it is really close off of the freeway but there is nothing special I would pass this place by and stay at another campsite which is exactly what will be doing in about an hour.

Good layover

Site was clean and maintained. Full hookups (water/electric/sewer/with cable/antenna). We were in lot #1 which was a pull through that could have taken a rig twice our size (30 foot TT). Only two issues, no shade trees and mosquito's up the gazoo!

Must be DOD to stay.

Correction to phone number

The number listed is incorrect, the correct number is (229) 639-5234.

Well-maintained Park

Stayed in our RV several days over the course of a weekend. We were in the loop (1) that did not have sewer hookup but there was a dump station available for when we left. The newer Loop (2) has nicer bathrooms and showers and laundry as well as sites with sewer hookup. Some sites have more shade than others, we were at site 9 which was very shaded. Great kayaking available and rentals are available as well. Good hiking trails, too.

Ranger Review: OOFOS Shoes at Cordele KOA

Ranger Review: OOFOS shoes at Cordele KOA Journey

Campground Review:

Right off I75 in Georgia sits a small KOA with TONS of amenities! Being just a block off the interstate I assumed it would be noisy. But all the trees make a great sound barrier and we had a nice quiet weekend and will definitely be back!

This campground accommodates Campers, with spaces up to 90 foot long! (up to 50 amp), Tents, and even offers Cabin Rental! Has a pool, propane fill station, firewood to purchase, laundry room and updated bathhouse. a dog area, wifi and even offers cable, for the people who like to camp inside 😉

Our weekend cost was about $70 for out tent site, there were a few people staying in a camper long term who mentioned they do offer reduced rates. I didn’t get to check on the cabins, but they look super cute from the outside and run $50 a night if you book online.

Nearby attractions (we did not visit) include Lake Blackshear, a manmade lake, with a really cool dam, and Georgia Veterans State Park on one side. They have a marina and beach. And The Andersonville National Historic Site the location of a Confederate prison where 13,000 Union soldiers died.

Product review: OOFOS SHOE

As a Dyrt Ranger I was privileged to get a major discount on an awesome pair of OOFOS shoes.

I'm telling you now, this is the most comfortable thing I've ever put on my feet! It's like walking on pillows every step you take! I have arthritis in both my knees and have been having some trouble lately. The day my shoes got here I was eager to try them on, and once I did, they didnt come off the rest of the night! They help with the pain of walking, and my knees havent hurt in a week. I'm in love!

They're made of a really squishy, super lightweight foam. And have a breathable mesh top. I ordered the light gray color, and love the tiny pop of lime green in the logo and little tag to help pull them on. I was hesitant when I seen they had no laces and the rubber strap on top was fixed. But i had no problems getting them on, the mesh is stretchy and my foot slid right in!

My only complaint is that small rocks get stuck in the bottom of the shoe, in the middle tread. But, they're easy to pop out.

They also offer flip flops too, so that will be my next purchase. OOFOS will be my go to shoes from now on!

Use my link for 10% off your purchase!

Wow

We pulled in, and pulled right back out. They advertise low rates and it was right off the interstate so we figured we would stop for the night. Nope. This place is sketchy as all can be. It had a fee campers parked, a couple really old run down units up on blocks like they were permanent campers/living there. Even a person staying inside a cargo trailer. Lots of trash all around every site, it was 1 road in, and 1 road out. we seen 1 dumper for the whole campground. Definitely a small place. And maybe, had it not been night time, I could have talked to someone and checked it out. But we just didnt feel safe.

So much potential...

A little background: I used to live five minutes from this park, and it used to be the first campground we visited every year to work out all the gear details. Back then (2012-2015), it was great! Absolutely beautiful, well maintained, gorgeous.

Now… the park itself is still great. Obviously it was hit by a hurricane, but the cleanup and improvements are coming along in those areas. They playground has always been amazing and they’ve added a Splash Pad right next to it. (We were in town to visit family so we didn’t get to enjoy those this time).

But y’all are here for a campground review, so here it is.

Registration. You cannot register online, you must do it on the phone or in person. All of the sites with full hook-ups are taken by long-term folks (probably staying there while their homes are being rebuilt from the tornadoes and hurricane?), so they are $20 a night for water/electric. When you register over the phone, you are charged an additional $15 fee. (When I checked in, they said I would receive a refund of that $15 as a check in the mail…?). When I called the day of check-in to get the gate code, they had no idea who I was and initially wanted me to pay for a site, again. After some shuffling they finally found my paperwork.

The tent-only side still looks fine. Plush grass, large spaced out sites.

However, the RV side looks a bit rough. The sites are no longer gravel, just dirt (or, this weekend, mud) and some grass. The sites aren’t maintained between campers (as I got a half burned log, empty pack of smokes, and paper plates in mine). I was actually placed on site 7, which on the campground map is NOT a “buddy” (shared) site, and told to just plug into the same pole as the guy on Actual Site 7. Thankfully he was 50A and I was 30A so it worked out. (Although oddly enough, several full sites remained empty the whole time I was there). It rained most of the weekend, and everything was covered in wet dirt chunks when I left.

The bath house… could use a little love and a fresh coat of paint. If you can avoid the side bathrooms (maybe handicapped? The ones with just a toilet and shower), then do so. Aside from teeming with flying wildlife (which, it’s South Georgia, you have to kind of expect that), it could have used a good cleaning. The regular restrooms were passable (better than some gas stations but not as clean as state/national park I usually visit).

I understand that the area was impacted by a hurricane last year… but a little bit of cleanliness and care goes a long way.

Words can’t describe!

I wouldn’t keep my dogs there! It’s a junkyard and dump site. Did not stay, just drove through.

Nice for an overnight or extented stay

The site a large and easy to get into. They have a well stocked store and a decent pool. There is a flea market right next door. They have a large conference center building. We did not go in, but it looks like it will accommodate a large group. Easy on and off of I-75.

All & peaceful

Nice facilities with clean bathrooms. Pull through site was very easy to set up and take down. Friendly staff were helpful and really knowledgeable.

Nice family park

We went camping at Chehaw Park July 13th – 15th of 2018. All the sites were grassy and pretty much level with picnic tables, really tall pine trees, 20/30/50 amp service, water and some with sewer. The Park as a hole is very nice, asphalt roads and parking lots, except for campground it has dirt/gravel roads, dirt bike track, R/C track, small water park and pavilions Call to reserve a site and make sure you get the gate code.

This is a good place to take the family.

Historic

Quiet. Off the beaten path. Near Douglass, Ga. Abour 30 minutes to Broxton Rocks.

Really nice. Zoo in park with a train. Running, biking trails. Fishing and

Not much to do in town but this is a great park. Very nice at Christmas.

Practically a Staycation!!!

This beautiful hidden gem is just a stone’s throw west of Adel, Georgia. Accessible off of Interstate 75, this State Park is worth visiting. Activities you can enjoy are camping, boating, fishing, kayaking, hiking, swimming, geocaching, and picnicking. The staff are wonderful and the campground is well kept. They have bike a bike rental shop at the campground along with firewood and other necessities. There’s a shower house that is availability to all campers. We absolutely love it here!! So close to home but far enough to get away:)

mixed review

The camp staff was very friendly and helpful but the obnoxious camp post put a damper on our stay. I hope they fix this. there were not a lot trees but lots of trails nearby. Nice bathhouse.

Clean State Park off I75 near ADEL GA

One of the better State Parks in Georgia

Great price, pretty area in the northern GA mountains

While Sugar Mill is titled as an RV Park, they accommodate tent camping as well. There is a general store in the office for any forgotten items, and electrical/water hookups if desired. The lady who owns and runs the place is very personable and sweet, and the bubbling stream behind our campsite was lovely and made this place even prettier.

Im trying to be unbiased

KOA in Cordele, Ga is another example of what I don’t usually visit while going camping. I purchased a membership recently to give KOA a fair shake , they do sponsor a camp for kids and offer deals certain months , plus some people like their WiFi while camping AND as a child my family journeyed from Ohio to California one summer in the 70’s and KOA was the thing back then ( no WIFi of course;) but plenty of swimming pools, putt putt golf and evening entertainment.

That being said…..every KOA I’ve visited so far is an “island”, not connected to any outside recreational areas , it may be different in other areas. In Cordele, you had the campground and that was it. You have to drive somewhere else if you wanted to hike, kayak, mountain bike, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, this is my preference in camping, my sister in law loves KOA’s, so it all goes back to what you want.

The facilities were mostly well maintained but the grass was a little high in the tent area, may have just been in between maintenance. There was a small, fenced dog area and poo bags provided throughout the campground in yellow mail boxes. This was a long skinny campground with the pool located in front of the office , the dump station to the right of the road in and the shower facility behind the office. There was also a kitchen with an outside grill available.

We got in after dark and the after hours sign in and site assignment was a little confusing or I was just tired. When I followed the map I had a difficult time following the overgrown road to the tent site and was the only one there. Not a lot of light and not very good boundary markings to my site but no worries I was alone and could have parked longways had I wanted to. It was quiet and we slept well enough. There was electric, a fire ring and picnic table at each site plus plenty of sand, gnats (bring your bug stuff) and grass.

Once again, this all goes back to preference, it is a nice enough KOA but same as the other one I would not want to visit when it’s full, it would be crowded with little privacy.

Nice Park.

We stopped here overnight on our way to Stone Mountain. great, big sites. Lots of room for kids to run around and play. immaculate facilities. unfortunately at the time of year we were there there were lots of gnats.

Not a campground I’d stay at again

I didn’t care for this campground. Thank goodness we had a site near the front and a larger site. The sites were stacked in top of each other. I paid extra for a deluxe site and there wasn’t anything deluxe about it. The outdoor patio furniture was rusted and falling apart. The fire ring was rusted with holes in it. The bathrooms were really old and dirty. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Quiet peacful campground well maintained lots of fun things to do

This beautiful campgrounds main attraction is the water. In the big lake it offers boating tubing skiing. You can also take the river run and boat or paddle upstream. It is an easy paddle with plenty of places to get out.

Home away from home

This little jewel has everything you need for a great time. Plenty of good walking trails and a great petting zoo. I love the old houses, it gives you a feeling of what it was like 100 years ago

On a creek with a bar and live music.

The sites are not pull through but they are on a creek. It is a small campground. There is a store with propane and ice. The bar opens each evening with occasional live music.

Great Campground

We have gone to this campground a couple of times now and every time we go it has been a great visit. We love buying carrots to feed all the farm animals and if you want some good exercise rent one of the pedal boats.

quiet

very friendly and helpful camp host, Steve. had full hook ups near restrooms. extremely clean, quiet, and definitely going back!

A good night’s rest

I frequently drive from southwest Florida to Atlanta. When I’m towing my Casita I stop for the night at Reed Bingham State Park, about the halfway point. I never need a reservation & I get to choose my own campsite which is ALWAYS a pull through. This is a small campground with a small store and a small lake. It’s lovely and clean but the sites are open with some shade trees. Restrooms & showers are clean and that’s all I require other than electricity and water for a quick overnight stay. I wouldn’t stay here as a destination although it’s very peaceful and near Axel, GA, but it’s terrific and handy and affordable as an overnight stop.

our go to

fantastic park! bathrooms are always spotless. nice paved roadway. gravel sites all of them pull through. large private sites. the farm is aleays fun for the kids. great place for bike rides too.