About Rivernook Campground

Rivernook Campground is the biggest privately owned campground along a beautiful stretch of the Kern River, with creeks running through the park. We offer Full Hook Up RV sites, Partial RV sites and dry tent camping sites. We have full service newly remodeled restrooms for our guests at no charge, on site dump station, cable, WIFI and we have a little store that might have something you need!

Hike In
Rivernook Campground is located in California
8 Reviews of Rivernook Campground
Decent camping

The campsites are super close to one another. Recommend getting a site that is at a corner or end of a row. And be aware of the “security” that drives around at night with their lights off trying to harass campers!

Yearly Camping Trip

Did not disappoint!! Everything was kept clean-restroom and showers included. LGBT friendly Dogs were also welcome at no additional charge! Campsites were by the river and easily accessible!

Large Grounds on the River

I gave a four star only because there are a lot of tent spots only and I really like some of them but they are reserved for tent only. There are sites on the river with hook ups except sewer, but that’s ok for us. There is also a large grass area they have for large parties like weddings and things. We go every year.

Fun for All

Visited this campground during 4th of July. Restrooms are clean and situated at good distances throughout campground. Showers are free and have warm water. They are also clean. The creek side sites are great for the kids to play in and search for frogs and crawfish in evening. These sites have plenty of shade. Especially (50-53). Riverfront sites are hard to get. Looking forward to trying those later in year.

Awesome spot!

Stayed at Rivernook for 5 nights in site 430. Had hookups. The site was riverfront and the water was flowing. Watched rafters and kayakers go by. Dog friendly. My lab went swimming everyday. There is also a creek that runs through the campground. Lots of nearby hiking. Lake Isabella is close as well. The town of Kernville is 2 minutes away with anything you might need. It was my first trip to the area but I plan to return!

Camp on the water

I’ve been coming here since I was a kid, not much has changed except the water level.. and nicer restrooms!

we tent camped by the river ( other options include by a brook ) and had plenty of space and trees. Full rv hookups and rv camping available on the top tier of the campground. Be careful of thievin raccoons!

Close to Riverkern , cell service and supplies

Spring break tent camping

Tons of fun, fishing in the river, showers, flushing toilets

Beautiful Waterfront camp sites

Great place for RVs and tents. Great fishing spots all over the campground. And access to floating in your tubes and hanging out at beaches in the campground