Water Unknown
KoA
Los Banos West / I-5 KOA is located in California
2 Reviews of Los Banos West / I-5 KOA
Good spot!

We will definitely come back. Actually, I can't wait! The site was very clean and well maintained. The sites were roomy withbv shady trees, nice light sources, camp table, n.v fire put, all the usual. The bathrooms were really clean and that's much appreciated,!We rode in super late at night, past business hours, but self check in was a breeze! The staff and other campers were kind. Los Banos is this strange little travel vortex for me. Ive been passing thru the town a couple times a month for the last year…either go to or leaving my partner. So sometimes the drive is fbc full mlm of excitement and anticipation, sometimes I cry the whole way ..This KOA is literally one minute off the Pacheco pass freeway but feels like you're in the middle of nowhere-its very serene and I loved stopping here. . We had a great time and will definitely return!

los banos

We reserved this site because we were driving down to Big Sur and wanted to reserve a site for the nights we would be down there. We drove 13 hours and arrived on the first day late at night and set up. The ground was so hard and we were unable to secure our tent. The wind was very high, so the next day we asked for a way to help secure the tent, so it did not blow away while we were in Big Sur for the day. They gave us heavy nails and a hammer. Their customer service and accommodations were great except for one incident.

There were a lot of stray cats running around and we had an issue with one stray dog. Our dogs were required to be on leashes and a stray dog that the grounds crew had seen on the grounds, came up to our dogs and before I could get to them had attacked and bit my dog. My wife was able to get them apart before they were seriously hurt. We told the KOA and they tried to call animal control. They would not come out so it was held in the dog area for the day and then let out in the morning or someone came and got it at 6 am. We were told the owner wanted to talk to us but was never approached again or offered a refund.

I was happy with the facility but disappointed with how they handled the problem. This could have been a serious situation and wish the communication between all staff would have been better to keep us safe.