About Scott Flat Campground

Campground offers 10 campsites that can accomodate up to a 20 foot trailer. Access to facility is unpaved and there is no water system. The trailhead for the South Fork National Recreation Trail is located at this facility. Swimming, fishing, hiking on the South Fork Trinity River National Recreation Trail.

National Forest
Scott Flat Campground is located in California
Directions
Half mile off Hwy 36. Take the Hell Gate turnoff to Forest Service road 1S25.
4 Reviews of Scott Flat Campground
Dusry and mucky beach, but the water makes up for it

The water in the reservoir is beautiful. You should definitely have a boat if you stay in this Campground. It's Shangri-La.

Very nice

Very clean and nice. Good place to go swimming. Only bummer was couldn't take my lab.

Good camping

We ended up with a nicer semi private spot closer to the water although the lake was super low last year. Most sites pretty close together. Ours was spacious. Very rocky but the water was nice. A trek to the bathrooms from our area but they were in good shape. Lots of trees Has showers. I'd go again. Boat launch gets super busy.

My old Stomping Grounds

We us to come here often when I lived in Grass Valley. Recently I had the opportunity to go back and camp with my family. The place has changed some. Lots of campsites, and campers, all right next to each other, which made for a lot of camp noise, especially in the evening, but that is part of the fun of camping in a campground. The lake was a perfect temperature for swimming. There is a small store that is by the marina where we all had ice cream and the dock was perfect to lay on for star gazing and watching for shooting stars.