The best GROUP camping near
Slabtown , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Slabtown Camping Reviews
So pretty but reservations a bummer

No reservations available & no shower house which are a bummer.

However, we got in just in time before a rush of other RVs. Picked site 41 & it’s perfect. Full hook up, perfect trees for lights, and a grill. No fire pit ring which is a bummer though.

The campground is beautiful. Hiked up the gorge today & was not disappointed.

I can’t imagine what this place is like when the weather is warmer…I’m sure it’s a packed mess, so happy we got to experience it in cooler temps.

Unfortunately though the spring bath houses are closed Jan 25- Feb 4 for park service maintenance. Bummer!

Great Campground

We stay during the cooler months. Easy access to the river trail cycling.

Amazing camping!

Kid friendly. Great upkeep and sites that are easily accessible. Playground, splash pad, and pool. We were not able to access the pool because of the time of year, but we will definitely be back in warmer weather. Staff super friendly. Not one complaint.

Solid

Not the most stunning campground ever, however, I loved it! It was a great set up, plenty of bathrooms (no showers tho), set in a beautiful gorge with a beautiful creek. If you’re lucky enough you can get a site right next to the creek! Only around 40 sites total - they’re all RV compatible. I’m a tent camper personally. You’re right at a trailhead that connects with a vast network of trails taking you deeper into the mountains or directly to the actual hot springs, bath houses, and the historic area. If you want to drive to those places it’s a 7 minute drive.
Only a few cons. Not every campsite has a fit ring, there’s a heavily used road right by the campground thats on a hill so there’s some unfortunate revved engine noise pretty regularly, and there’s only about 10-15 campsites by the river.
I look forward to going back soon!

Maumelle Campground

Camped here at a tent site. Clean heated bathrooms with a shower, and we had a great spot on the river! No complaints, good spot while driving through Little Rock on a road trip!

Great lake and beautiful campground

This was officially the first campground we stayed at after we bought out Uhaul CT-13. It was perfect for our first camping adventure.  It had great views of the lake from most of the campsites. The only thing I would say we had an issue with was the fact that there wasn't a lot of space between each camping spot. Other than that, the park was great.

Awesome Experience

Internet was great, spots are clean, level, and almost all concrete. It is tight as our neighbors were very close, but to be a short walk across the Clintom bridge to downtown was worth it. Such a unique experience, we loved spending our Thanksgiving there.

Amazing Park

This park was incredible. We were originally supposed to be on site 41, I think, but we couldn't get level with the 3% grade. The staff was super helpful and we found another site, but without full hook ups, so we stayedess than our whole desired stay. Internet was spotty with Verizon and ATT, which baffled me, but it wasn't great. We loved the park, wanted to stay longer, but didn't make sense for us.

Quiet By The River

Stayed here for a night in August 2020. I can’t remember what site we stayed in but each campsite is reserved on a “first come, first served” basis. You can get there and pick an available site at 11Am and must reserve it in the campground office. The camp hosts are very nice! Bathrooms are cleaned and nicely spaced but no showers. Our campsite had plenty of room for both of our tents and 2 hammocks for daytime naps:) Cell reception with Verizon wasn’t an issue. We did have a difficult time finding fire wood as no store nearby sold any. Camp hosts didn’t have any either so come prepared. There are picnic tables, a grill, and fire rings at each site. Even though we had picked a campsite closer to a bathroom, we still ended up having to walk a bit to another since they periodically closed  rest areas for the day to clean. A little annoying when you don’t want to walk but I appreciate them taking all precautions during a pandemic. There’s trails nearby that take you to downtown Hot Springs so we didn’t have to drive. I’d definitely come back here. It was very relaxing!

Absolutely a must

These people are amazing.

Five stars all the way.