The best BOAT IN camping near
Lead Hill , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Lead Hill Camping Reviews
Private and Peaceful

This primitive campground was perfect for me and my dog. We stayed three nights in October 2020. It’s right on a put-in spot on the Buffalo River so there were a couple of buses and shuttles but for the most part it was very quiet. The campsites are a good distance apart, they have plenty of room and have fire rings and picnic tables. Be aware that there is no drinking water and I didn’t get phone service (yay!). There is a vault toilet that wasn’t too bad. I loved this place, and will definitely be back.

Best Campsite on the Buffalo

I love this campsite. Road has improved and was more than passable even after heavy rains. Campsite is remote with great access to trials and the River. Not for Car Camping or RVing. Strictly a FCFS use area so come early. You will not regret it.

This place is awesome!

Stopped in here on a recent family vacation through the Ozarks. The Outfitter store has everything you could need and more. The staff was very friendly. The canoe rates and shuttle rates were very fair and the food in the kitchen was delicious. Try the Sasquatch BLT!

It's Amazing!

The campsites are clean, well maintained and decent sized. The views of the bluffs are amazing. But the Elk….soooo majestic! The river running along the bluff makes for an almost trance-inducing sound as you awake to find a roaming herd of large beautiful elk in the campground with you. I have never seen anything like it.

River views!

My friends have been trying to get us here for a few years and we finally made the drive. It did not disappoint! We shared a “buddy site” because we have tiny campers. I typically like to hike and do other activities when we camp, but here, I was content with sitting and watching the River all day. There was an eagles nest on the other side of the river, so we got to Eagle watch all day as they circled the river hunting for their dinner. It was AMAZING!!

There is a camp store with all things fishing, plus a few other things you might need. They sell firewood on site here.

There is a really nice wildflower walking trail that you can walk to from the campground. There is a playground and amphitheater as well. A small wedding took place while we were here and that was nice (even though they left lots of fake flowers behind on the ground, so I got that cleaned up).

Beware: The sites along the River are very close together and many of them have the picnic tables on the wrong side. Kinda strange if you are next to someone with their table on the correct side!

Nice Resort on the White River

This isn’t a campground, but it is an awesome resort that started in the 50’sand has grown to what it is today. They have lots of different cabins/cottages to choose from on the river. There is a landing strip for small planes and an awesome restaurant with an amazing view of the River. There is a store on site and a game room for the kids. They also offer fishing guides, because, at the end of the day, it is the world class trout fishing that brings people here! They also have a really nice outdoor nature trail area filled with at least a dozen or more peacocks. I could just spend the afternoon here watching the planes land and take off! If you are looking for a campground close by, I would recommend Bull Shoals White River State Park.

Camping /Fishing

We have camped here a couple times and planning to return again. Most sites are level with electric and water hookup however no sewer only a dump station. In the spring of 2020 many sites were under water from the spring rain.

Nice and quiet off season

The campground is surrounded by the river and hills and you can hear the water flowing at night. Fire ring and picnic table at most spots. Pretty trails to hike. During the season they have drinking water hydrants working. They have bathrooms as well.

Cabins on the water

This is a mixed use place. It appears that there are long time campers, some weekend campers and nice cabins along the River. The White River is incredible with amazing trout fishing, so this is a great place to take in the views of the river! Location is close to town, the Marina & State Park and also Gastons. Giving it 4 stars for the cabins, but not so much for the campground.