Bear River, WYOMING
Most Recent Bear River Camping Reviews
Favorite spot in the Uintas

Title sums it up! The wild yellow waterlily‘s are perfect💛 the camp site is with-in walking distance of tea cup lake which has great fishing, and a cute board walk around part of the lake. Star gazing was exceptional🌌! I would recommend staying at camp sites 5-9, my personal favorite is number 7

Happy camping 🏕🏔

Charming and Fun

This is a great camp site for the Unitas. We had an awesome site, #7 which backed to the small lake between Lilly Lake and Teapot Lake. This is a awesome fishing spot with access to three major lakes from the camp.

The camp site is small and traffic is not busy even on the weekends. But availability is very iffy. It took us a couple times to finally score a place here. We loved it and plan to return.

Local fav!

This place is favorite spot to camp if I’m staying local. There are so many spots, and they are all very private. The Camp hosts are great! There’s a hidden waterfall you can hike too, and a river runs through the park. It’s a must!

Nice place, terrible people...

It’s great camping and trails.  Too many people with disrespectful children riding through camps like they’re on a race track, throwing dust and rocks very near camp.  It’s really too bad the younger generation don’t know how to raise their children to be considerate of others, but then again the parents aren’t much better, shooting high powered guns near camp sites.  My advice would be to go to Whitney on the off season, when the pansies and their kids might get a little cold.

Great Winter Activity!

The Green Canyon yurt it's owned and managed by Powder Ridge ski touring. During the winter months, Powder Ridge manages the Green Canyon Road and grooms it on an almost daily basis. It is groomed for cross-country skiing with the designated track on one side. You can also Snowshoe, or ride your bike with fat tires up if your adventurous! The trail is approximately 3.8 miles long with a steady incline most of the way. There are a few spots with decent little Hills.

The yurt itself can sleep 12, on four twin over full bunk beds. There's a cooking area, table, pots and pans, and of course a pot belly stove to keep it nice and warm. I had the opportunity to Snowshoe up with a friend after Christmas 2016, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The folks at Powder Ridge were great to work with.

I will say if you Snowshoe up, please don't do what we did and make sure to avoid the established cross country ski track. As it was our first time snowshoeing up there, we didn't know and ended up ruining it in a few places. They were able to fix it easily that night, but had we been paying attention they would not have had to.

I believe we paid $250 for the night, the pricing may have changed so I would refer you to them for more information in that regard. The cost however, would easily be distributed among 12 friends.

Power Ridge Website ⤵️ https://www.sites.google.com/site/powderridgeskitouring/

Great Spot!!!

We were there Thursday through Saturday and had a great time! Be warned that the bathrooms smell pretty strongly. Our site (62) was right next to it and we could smell orders from our camp.

The sites themselves were really nice. Plenty of space for parking and tents, and every spot had a picnic table and fire pit. 👍🏻

Fun and close to other recreation.

A very clean and very convenient campground. Tons of trails nearby and being on the reservoir is great for hot days. Fishing was a blast! Will definitely be back.

This site has beautiful views!

My girlfriend and I day camped here for several hours. Even though there were numerous people here, we were still able to get a little piece of heaven from the Tony Grove Lake area for several hours.  It was well worth the visit.w

Escaping summer heat

This campsite is well over 9000 feet very beautiful lots of trees and foliage very much enjoyed our two night stay out of our van Nice secluded lots four wheeler trails lots of hiking Beautiful view of the mountains

Inaccessible

This campground is not accessible by vehicle.

Beautiful beachside camping

The views were amazing right from our tent!  The water was a little on the chilly side so we did more wading than swimming, but you cant ask for too much more in UT/ID.  The waters were crystal clear turquoise blue and we could hear the sound of the waves from our tent.  The bathrooms were kept clean and smell free especially for pit toilets.

East Canyon State Park

Great family place , large tent sites , bathroom , beautiful views, and clean water .

Great weekend campsite!

Great campsite. The host was very nice. It gets packed during the weekends so plan ahead! Right along side the river too

One of my new favorite places

This is the second year in a row that we have stayed at this campground and it has become a new family favorite. We even brought a couple neighbor families with us this time. The only reason I won't give it 5 stars is because of the inconsistency with the water and the hassle to haul in water or travel down to the boat dock to refill any water jugs.

We left on a Saturday and the reservoir was pretty packed with SUPs, Kayaks, Canoes, etc. Earlier in the week (even Friday) was less crowded. We took inflatable Kayaks with us this year and they were a ton of fun especially for those that wanted to enjoy the water without being freezing cold.

Very clean and quiet

I've never been to this part of the country before, and in planning my trip the best case camp spot was quiet solitude and good fishing. However, knowing I wouldn't be able to arrive until close to dark decided the smart move would be to reserve a spot rather than hunt around for an open place to camp.

This is how I found Stillwater. What I expect was not what was there. First, each site is spaced far enough apart to feel some privacy. Sure, it's not camping in the wilderness, but it's a really good compared to others. Second, the restrooms looked and smelled like they were built yesterday. I'm not sure I've ever been to pit toilets that were so clean. Credit to the camp hosts for their work. Third, well, the view from my tent was amazing. Stillwater Fork was right there 12 feet away and I fell asleep to the sound of rushing water. Life doesn't get much better.

I can't wait to come back and explore the area some more. And stay here, of course.

Awesome waterfront campground

This was a really nice place for only being 40 mins from the city. Good beach front not a far walk from our campsite. Lots of trees to hang your hammocks up on. If you have some water toys it’s awesome because you can anchor them on the shore or the dock.

Beautiful Landscape

This location was recommended by my girlfriend Andy I'm glad we went. There were a lot of bugs, but if you're prepared for that, it was a great way to beat the heat. (This was on July 15th) 70s during the day, 40s at night. The drive going through the forest was awesome as well. The sites are well kept and they're not packed. Great place to visit.

No longer available

Federal website says it’s been decommissioned and is no longer in use

Nice and cute place

Nice area for RVs and camping. Bathrooms were so great. Pets allowed. One thing that I didn't like is their campfire. It was way too deep to cook for food. They don't have a grill on it so you may have to bring your own gas grill or stove. But other than that I would come back again. $40 per night.

Unbelievable!!

Incredible back woods camping. Dirt roads to no where! Loved every minute! We’ll definitely be going back…soon!!

Maiden voyage weekend.

This place was awesome for our firs weekend in our trailer. Gorgeous country and easy access.

Great Place!

Tons to do for the kids. Pancake breakfast was a nice plus for breakfast. Restaurants are close. Marina was close. Lots of activities for all ages. We had a great time. Staff was pleasant and helpful.

Great Tent Sites

Great tent sites, large & clean. Campground hosts take pride & keep everything tidy. Neighbors can be noisy during quiet hours, but that is no fault other than immature college kids.

Great spot

I love this campground we stay here with family every year. Almost all of the sites are nicely shaded and you can buy firewood here for $6. We have no cell service in the campground but you can walk to the road and get service if needed. Behind the bathrooms on the South side there is a little trail with a beautiful view of the lake. If you go exploring behind the East bathrooms you’ll see a little creek. The trails are no longer maintained which is a bummer so be careful.

Pretty spot for a nice weekend

My fiance and I really enjoyed our weekend. Our spot was kinda near some other sites, but everybody was really respectful. It was really nice to have the noise from the river in the background. There are plenty of amenities as far as water and toilets are concerned.

My one gripe is that the campground is fairly close to the main road and you can hear all the traffic. It does quiet down later in the day, but the road noise can be distracting at times.

Lots of Dispersed Spots

Lots and lots of dispersed spots off this highway. Clearance needed to reach some of them, but are great clean gorgeous spots. Highly recommended.

Earlier The Better

We had wanted to camp at Bear Lake and there was 1 site left were we had wanted. Unfortunately this guy on a bike had claimed the site and luckily for him it was my Christian hour or I would of argued with him. The campground was super simple and close to the lake. There was a bathroom nothing to brag about and it was just open. No shade just a site to be close to the lake. It was 1st come 1st serve and I would suggest you get there as early as you can. Down a bit is a picnic area where you could do a day camp but no overnight. After all that we ended up going towards Garden City area and ended up finding a beach to swim and have lunch at. The water was beautiful and refreshing, dogs were allowed just keep them on a leash. We got there pretty early but after 12 it seemed a bit crowded. Overall it was a great day and on our way back to our KOA there was a festival going on in Garden City, lots of places to eat, shop, just be a tourist. Excited to return!

Way Cool

Super pretty campground and well cleaned up, there’s bathrooms near every site that are also always very clean, the fishing wasn’t the best you’ll need a kayak/canoe or even a paddle board to catch anything. There’s not anywhere easy to fish around the edges but does provide very beautiful scenery. All of the campgrounds are pretty close together but there’s a few that have lots of coverage with trees so you can’t hear or see as much of the other campers. All around really great camping site.

Good luck sleeping

Very crowded, very noisy (screaming babies (from 1 am - 5 am) within 100 feet of you: guaranteed), and very expensive.

Beautiful!

Easily accessible, spacious and beautiful.