The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Alamo , TENNESSEE

Camping Tennessee Alamo Standard (Tent/RV)

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Alamo Camping Reviews
New Owners

My family and I stayed at Parkers Crossroads overnight, just passing through until we got to our final destination. I was pleasantly surprised. The owners are new and were just on the job for their second day when we arrived. They were very hospitable! We arrived there later than expected. I called them, and they came to the office to escort us to our spot. The gentleman there even helped my husband get the electricity and water set up while his wife went over all the paperwork with me. The next day, we were really able to see the grounds. The property is beautiful! They have a pool , which h was closed for the season, and we loved the pond area. The only reason why it is not a 5 star is because 1) we didn't check out the restroom facilities, and 2) we wished they had a nicer playground area for the kids. I will say that the paperwork they shared with us shows plans to incorporate a new playground. So maybe there will be a nicer one when we come back. Best wishes to the new owners!

Best group camp

We stayed in the group site that will hold up to 200 people for Halloween and it was perfect. The group site is away from all the other sites so you have plenty of room for children of all ages to run around and play without disturbing other campers. It’s very roomy and beautiful. You do have to watch for the falling acorns in the fall as they drop like bombs and don’t feel so nice. Ranger Tyson was awesome and came to check on us and fix any issue we had. I would recommend them putting in some electrical outlets under the pavilion but other than that I have no complaints. One of the hiking trails passes through the camp but we went on a slow weekend and saw nobody walk through. The lady that was in the museum when we went through was super awesome with a great personality and was very helpful! We will definitely be back to the site!

Good spot for a stop over on a road trip

We were passing through Memphis and stayed overnight at Fort Pillow. The staff in the office were not super friendly or helpful. I had to ask for everything, like a campsite map to my site, a trail map, and buying firewood. Nothing was offered, so definitely ask. The layout is also backwards. You have to drive all the way to the back of the park to get to the museum visitors center. I am sure there is a practical reason for this, but it wasn’t fully transparent. I always check in to campsite to introduce myself and get a lay of campsite from the people who work there. They just were not very social or helpful.

We stayed in campsite 4 which is more or less a walk-in type site. You park and then have to haul your gear about 15 yards to your site. The privacy and cliff side campsite is worth it, but there again was no one warning. We were only staying one night and the site was a little impractical for our needs. If you are staying 2-3 nights then grab campsite 4, in the winter months after the leaves have fallen this site would be stunning. It is basically a private overlook to the Mississippi. Only thing that would’ve made this campsite perfect would be running water. Instead you have to walk to the bath house to snag water.

Amenities:

There was electrical hookup at site but no water. (Was not able to locate communal water) Bath house cleaned daily and was a private set room style. Tent pad and campsite is pebbles to allow for moisture/bring long stakes or expect to not to be able to stake in your tent.

Chickasaw State Park

One of the strangest parks we've been to. There are two campground loops. One for trailers/RV's, they call it, and the Wrangler, equesterian. The trailer/RV loop is on the side of a hill. It was amazing the way they got so many half way level sites into this area. Very, very tight. Good thing for us it was booked up and we ended up in the wrangler loop. A nice flat area more suited to larger rigs. Some, as was ours are very,very close together. Most are pretty level and easy access. Ther is no office that we cound find and when we asked a local, his reply was, "You got a reservation, then just got to the site & yur name & date will be on the post. Yup, it was. Pretty good for a night over. Just can't give it a real good rating. Att & Verizon were both workable. OTA TV not so good.

All in all, doubt if we'd go back.

Pretty Area, Outdated Park

We tent camped in the Cub Lake loop, campsite 2, site 2. The restrooms was incredibly out of date. Loop 1 looked like all the sites were on an incline falling down a hill. Loop 2, our site was flat but some others in this loop were on an incline. All sites, restrooms and the park overall looked dilapidated and like it needs some TLC. There were water pumps though. Would not stay here again.

Park was so nice, we did it twice

On the way back from Pickett State Park, to Texas, we decided to stay at the Wrangler site again. This time, I picked a new pad (56) and again, it was dark, quiet and beautiful. This park is huge, with TONS of site choices available. The tent sites seemed full, but we prefer less people. The updated photo below. We had to book through recreation.gov app, which was easy enough, but misleading on what sites are booked and not booked. Would absolutely return to this beautiful State Park.

Cute little spot to park

We had business in Memphis and Jackson, this was a good in-between park. Stayed a week and felt safe and secure. New electrical boxes, level gravel spots with shade. About 30 spaces with most being rented to construction workers. Nice people. Overall Nice stay.

Great place to relax & enjoy nature

There are 3 different campgrounds in thos very large state park. Cub Lake is for tents or small campers with water & electric hookups. The Wrangler Camp is for horse riders with water & electric hookups. The Pin Oak Campground is for RVs. Every site has full hookups. Two nice bath houses, a pavilion, playground, beach area, and boat dock. It is very open with several trees, but not not a lot of shade. The pictures in this review are only from Pin Oak Campground.

Quiet time !!

We were just passing through and picked this park to stay the night in our 21 ft trailer. Wow! Super quiet, dark and cool the first week of October. (See photo) We stayed in the Wrangler site, which is typically for horses. (ATV’s not allowed) Trees haven’t changed yet. Would definitely come again.

Not bad

I liked the layout of the campsites they give you just enough space that you’re not right on top of one another.

The bathrooms are super outdated but the place is not expensive so that’s not a real complaint.
Dead bugs and cobwebs All over the bathroom and no soap for washing your hands.

Seems like it would be a great place for people who bring their horses camping with them. Lots of woods and trails and shade it was pleasant.