St. George , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent St. George Camping Reviews
Terrible experience TW- lewd behavior

Hopefully one off!!!

We were lounging about, reading in my car, when a truck with two male NPS staff pulled in right next to us. One staff proceeded to give the other staff a blowjob. Hopefully not realizing we were there. As two solo women we were nervous about the lewd behavior and just left.

We were missing out!

We frequent Edisto Beach all summer long and decided a fall camping trip could offer a change of pace - we were right!

The campgrounds at Edisto were awesome! We stayed at one of the marsh front sites (no power no water).. it was incredible!

The trails were perfect for all 5 in our group.. adults and children. The views spectacular during the day and night!

This is a little gem we were literally driving past on the regular. I’m so happy we visited and have yet another reason to love Edisto!

A mirage

It looks nothing like South Carolina as you enter the gates. After half a dozen ups and downs and right turns you find yourself in a clearing and a large parking lot, a lake and a ranger station. Around the clearing are more than a dozen trails for hiking or MTB. It's a "mountain" in the low country.

Very nice spot!

A quiet and clean campground with nice sized sites. Bathhouse was super clean. Store had fun stuff. Only complaint is the waterpark is quite loud during the day!

Amazing

We love this campground. Great access to the beach and very close to Botnay Bay Preserve. Be ready for the mosquitos, but this is a great campground.

East Coast campground with all the fixins

This summer road trip was to celebrate a couple of birthdays. My daughter and I are both summer babies, so we usually like to include some sort of water activity in our birthday plans. With that being said, we decided on James Island County Park because it had a waterpark. And I am happy we did. This is a great campground. The whole park is very are clean and well maintained. I wouldn't say there is a lot of space between campsites, but it is about average if you are used to staying at state parks and better than a local RV park. We liked that the restroom/shower facilities were kept clean as well. It is important for us because we currently travel in a tiny camper with no bathroom or shower.

The best thing about this campground for us was the fact that the Splash Zone waterpark was within walking distance from our campsite. Now don't be confused and think that the waterpark is included in the price of your campsite, it is not. So be prepared to pay extra if you want to spend the day at Splash Zone, but it is reasonably priced and well worth it. Especially if you are traveling with kids. However, they also have a playground, fishing, rock climbing, hiking, and festivals throughout the year if you don't want to go swimming. We didn't do anything but swim and drive to downtown Charleston, but they do have options for everyone.

**I do have one warning for you if you go to the waterpark. Don't take a lot of personal, expensive stuff. This waterpark is open to the public, which means people who aren't your friendly RVer will also go there. I had to guard our stuff like a hound dog at one point because there was this shady guy walking around the chairs where everybody dropped their stuff. He was fully dressed with basketball shoes on, no swimming gear or towel, and was just looking around at everybody's stuff. And when I sat down by our belongings to protect them, he got up and walked straight out of the park. He could have easily taken our bag which had our truck and camper keys in it, and then we would be stuck. So just be very careful of your things.

A Great Way to Spring Break!

Stayed here in late April 2017 and loved the experience. The "drive up" campground still requires a small hike from the lot to the individual camping location. The primitive campground can be quite possibly one of the quietest places you ever camp depending on the season. Going in the spring, the bugs were practically non-existent, and we stayed out all night taking pictures of the night sky and talking around the camp fire. The experience is every bit what camping should be. We also met some great people at the campsites near the parking lot. Campgrounds are right off of the hiking trails, and there are no RV or camper sites. A backpacker's paradise!

Amazing

Ok so the campground is awesome because it’s full of trees. I love that because it offers lots of shade and privacy. Also I felt so safe with my family. Also we saw so many people just walking their dogs, which we love dogs. It’s quiet. It’s great. Also it’s very kid friendly. They have an awesome park. Can’t wait to go back. Now I will say I would not recommend the cabins. They are not clean or updated. Which is a shame because they could be really cool. But this review is for the location where you have your RV.

Festival of Lights - Amazing!

This county park is a great one, but it is especially awesome during the Festival of Lights. People all over Charleston want to come check out the lights, so being able to stay in the park during the festival is amazing. You are right there with all of the festivities, but the park is set back a little so you don’t have to be in the hustle and bustle if you don’t like. The location is the best you are going to get for checking out downtown Charleston. Also, Folly Beach is the closest beach and isn’t far away at all. There are some great restaurants nearby and grocery stores too.

Great campground

Only negative dump site is a mile up main road