The best TENT SITES camping near
Iva , SOUTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Iva Camping Reviews
Great location, close to Greenville SC

This place was large but we really struggled finding a place to stay once we got in the park, cars were parking so close to road it was hard to pull our rig through some areas. Concrete always also caving in leaving ditches that dropped off several feet… I would not stay here again unless I only wanted to use the sit to get in and out of Greenville. Nearly every good site by the amenities and playgrounds in this place was taken by annuals… If you are headed to Greenville visit the the Parks Fall on the Reedy, and the Greenville Zoo…

Gorgeous lake views

We loved our stay here! Highly recommend a trip here during late fall season, the weather was perfect and it wasn’t crowded. Bathrooms were very clean and easy to access.

Would recommend

Not as cramped & crowded as State parks. First loop is first come first serve, with sites closer to the beach side of lake, if you're there in the summer. However, the reserved sites on 2nd loop are more private & some offer good lake views. Bathrooms were plenty & decent. Hosts brought firewood by at check-in, available to purchase, very convenient. Cute rural Towns nearby for shopping & eating.

Very primitive

We had campsites TS1 & TS2 across the water. A few of us kayaked to our site while others hiked 3miles to our site. It was very quiet and we could barely see our neighbors. Our site was surrounded by trees, plenty of options for hammocking/pitching a tent. It does include a fire pit with a grill grate option. This was our 2nd time here and we will def continue camping here.

Great hiking

State Park with decent bath and shower facilities. Lots of space between sites.

Spaces tend to be a little uneven, especially the pull through spots.

Great hikes or bike rides all over the place.

Great little campground

It was our first time camping here and I don’t think there is many bad sites in here. Some are closer than others, yes. But there is a view of the lake from every single site. The bathhouses are nice and have hot water and are heated. Everyone we have met has been very nice. Lots of family’s and lots of people with fur babies. We will definitely be coming back here.

My Favorite Campground in South Carolina

Having lived in South Carolina most my life, I haven't seen it all.. but have seen a lot of it. Mile Creek Campground is a string of 3 islands connect by narrow straights and surrounded by water. It's hard to get a spot here without great views of Lake Keowee and the Blueridge Mountains.

The spaces a are a mix of full concrete pads or gravel sites. We've stayed in several sites and while some are very close together (that RV park feeling), there are many which have lots of breathing room, and things feel more natural. The pics in this review are for site 51, which is on the "3rd island," which is the furthest out and offers the best views. This is a very level concrete spot and we only had to use the electric tongue jack on our trailer to level front to back. Got set up in under 5 minutes.

There is one oddity to some of the concrete sites. Because it's concrete, your fire pit is off to the side. And since most of the sites are raised, your fire pit may be level with the concrete pad, but you can't sit next to it as there is too much slope.

It's a county park and is well maintained. Bath houses are clean. With it having a public day use area with a nice boat dock, you can expect almost every morning @ 6am to hear the diehard fishing folks blasting out of the boat launch area.

We have Verizon and our cell signal has always been 4 to 5 bars on the outside third island.

All sites have 30amp electric and water hookups. Dump station at the front of campground entrance up on a hill. BE AWARE, pulling into the dump station is easy, but the steeper exit will have longer RV's and Trailers dragging their bag end on the asphalt.

We've always felt safe and relaxed here. And though we prefer more dispersed camping with less neighbors, this is still one of the best and most affordable ($25 in off season) places in South Carolina to camp.

We rarely give 5-stars, but due to the awesome views,  trees between the sites and being well wooded & surrounded by water… it really is a very nice place.

From what I can tell, all but two sites are back in. We had no problem backing in our 23'8" (total length) camper in.

Great Experience!

This was so cool! It’s a primitive, tucked in the woods spot on the lake. The camp sites are wonderfully spaced out. We stayed in sites you had to park and walk to, but the walk was very short. Be prepared- bring lanterns to navigate the dark forest. Also, be prepared to see people walking the trail next to the camp sites during the day. This was a great spot for a little weekend trip! Great fishing, beautiful view, and an exciting experience!

Great Views

Recently stay at Lake Hartwell State Park and had a great time. Some of the sites are pretty close together, but we stayed at site 54 and our friends were at site 52. Both sites had nice tree cover and great views of the lake with plenty of space, close to the bath house. Lost power to our site during our stay, but the staff was quick to come out and fix the problem. It was very busy while we were there, but didn’t seem overly noisy. Definitely looking forward to going back.

Primitive Camping Ideal for Hunters

I stayed at this campground in October, so there were several hunters camped there. Although it is a hunt camp, people who do not hunt can stay there as well. The sites are level, and some of them are very large. It is beside the river, so you can hear the sounds of water all night long. However, you also have to listen to the sounds of hunters, in season, passing by in their trucks. I chose a site closer to the front of the camping area away from the hunters, so it wasn’t so bad, but it was beside the entranced road. I talked to one of the hunters, and he was friendly, so I didn’t get the feeling of being a naissance. There is a certain amount of fascination seeing these hunters with their camps set up. They are very serious and have everything they need. There are no facilities, so you have to take your own water, toilet paper, etc. The road to the campground is by way of a forest road which is a half mile long. You will also have to drive over a place in the road where the water crosses. Unfortunately, the site where I stayed had some trash left over, but I have come to expect that at primitive campgrounds. Overall, I recommend it, but I would also suggest that you avoid hunting season when you go.