The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Ingrams , SOUTH CAROLINA

Camping South Carolina Ingrams Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Ingrams Camping Reviews
Basic state campground.

Hiking trails. No sewer hook ups but water and electric which is standard for SC state parks. It is in the middle of town and nothing to really see.

Amazing Lakefront Camping

We stayed in lot #15 a couple weeks ago, and it was beautiful! Peaceful and restful is how I'd describe our experience. https://youtu.be/6SeEVzQGUN0

Great outdoor fun!

Beautiful place to camp, hike, and kayak! I don’t live far from Cane Creek, so I take my two labs there almost every weekend for a good hike through the woods and they LOVE IT! A few of the trails are right on the lake and the dogs love to hop in and cool off. I load up my kayak once a month or so and paddle around the lake for hours. Trails, shelter areas, and bathrooms are always well taken care of.

Just Okay

Crowded. The camp ground is definitely crowded. We got lucky and had no one to our left and a very quiet and considerate neighbor to our right. You don't always get lucky like that though! We also didnt realize our site backed against an open field. It appeared to be maybe a gathering spot, had a giant fire pit. We were at site 45. All the sites on that side of the loop back against it, which wouldnt be so bad in the winter BUT makes for a super hot camp during the warmer weather.

Bathrooms were clean, a little older but clean. The camp host was no where to be found so you either show up betweeb 11-12 or 4-5 if you want to get wood. We always scrounge the ground for firewood but like to purchase as well because it goes back into the park. We were lucky in that everything was really dry but on a wet weekend or trip this would be beyond annoying and venture into frustrating and just plain angry.

The "road" up to the camp ground in one lane with nowhere to really pull off if someone is coming in the opposite direction. It was very tricky to navigate the couple of times we ended up coming up on other drivers.

The trails are okay but overall, the park was a little so so. Still had a good time with a lot of hammock swinging. Dont forget to go up to the lookout. That is really pretty and you dont want to miss it.

Wateree State Park, Fun for all!

Wow, this place is nice!  Beautiful setting up on Lake Wateree,  Plenty of Campsites and very reasonable.  So Much to do here, They have a swimming area, Fishing area and a dock for boating.  Great Place to meet new Friends.

The bathroom/Shower house is always clean!  I love Wateree State Park.

Enjoyed our stays.

Good views and boat access. It is relatively small and reservations are difficult to get.

Site 37

We stayed here April 2-4. We mainly stayed here because it’s only an hour and a half from Charleston, and read some good reviews.

If you are coming from the south, be advised that once you are off I-95, you will see zero stores or gas stations, so plan accordingly.

The road going into the campground is pretty bad, but doable. We tent camp, but saw quite a few bigger rigs camped there. I did hear some of the other campers with trailers saying they had trouble backing into their sites do to the trees.

If you’re getting there after dark, I imagine that it would be difficult to find your site.

Site 37 was super small, but we did manage to get our tent set up as well as our screen for the picnic table. The water spigot was in a weird spot and got in the way.

There are many spots that are bigger and in better spots, so choose wisely. There was no privacy at 37 and it was way to close to the site next to us.

There seems to be many trails for hiking and/or mountain biking and we did see people with kayaks.

There are two bathrooms that were fairly clean, although one was closed Saturday afternoon for a plumbing issue.

We were surprised at the amount of people camping, because the first night we were there, it got down to 27 degrees.

If you are not bringing wood with you, the office will deliver to your site if you call between 4 and 5 pm.

Overall, a decent place, and we will go back, just into a different site.

Fine for what it was

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent four nights. This was our first stop and one of our least favorites. Rough “roads” inside park with big ruts that filled with rain, horrific mosquitos (and we’re from SC for a baseline). Having the horses around was fantastic. Not a lot to do. That being said, this stop was perfect for what it was. Just getting far enough out of town to feel like the adventure started, but four nights there to get used to our RV. Great dog walking areas.

4 Nights at Site 36

This camp site was a wonderful little base camp for our 4 night trip in the region to visit Congaree. Our site was clean and large. 36 was recommended and I can see why, good privacy while also some close to everything. Loved that every site had their own water pump but really wished they had a wash station. The lack of a wash station made doing dishes for 8 a nightmare at times. Bathrooms where C+ on our scale. They where not the cleanest bathrooms I have ever seen but they where good enough. Park was quiet at night and the trails in the park where more plentiful than Congaree for us!

Beautiful scenery

I've been going to this place since I was a kid. It's grown tremendously over the years and it's lost it's campground appeal with all the fancy things they have put in place of the woods, still a beautiful place.