About Hilgard Junction State Rec Area
Hilgard Junction State Rec Area is located in Oregon
5 Reviews of Hilgard Junction State Rec Area
Very convenient travel stop

This is my favorite place to stop while travelling through along I84. It is so convenient being right next to the freeway. Only negative is that it's right next to the freeway so it's a little noisy but doesn't bother me. Big day use area too for a nice picnic.

Good overnight spot

Quiet and clean. There are no hook ups but there are water spickets and restrooms

Very accessible and family friendly

There is the Grande Ronde river right there, BBQ pits and plenty of space! Restrooms and fresh water are available.

Cool and relaxing

Although this park is near the highway, it makes for a great day visit or overnight camping. The river is very close and the Umatilla National Forest is a just a short drive up the river.

Wow what a surprise

Hilgard junction is a small 18 site campground just below highway 84 west of La Grande. It is right on the grande ronde river which was cool and peaceful when we were there. I am not sure many people know about this spot, I didn't and I have been driving by for 6 years now. Even if you are traveling through the day use area is a great place to stop and stretch your legs. Even though the freeway is about 60 yards away and up the hill the traffic noise was muted.