The best GROUP camping near
Rehobeth , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Rehobeth Camping Reviews
Kings mountain National military park

Sweet little 4 mile hike back to a primitive camping area. There is one designated area but we passed a few campsite scattered along other areas of the trail. The National park sits back-to-back with the state park and is joined by a nice trail.

Worth the hike!

Get ready. You are about to hike up a LOT of sleep stairs. The sites are really well laid out. Site 3&4 are my favorites because they are close to water access (bring a good filter). Plenty of trees to choose from for a hammock setup.

Awesome campground run by the NICEST family

I have brought family here, planned a girls trip here, planned just nice getaways here.. etc. And I'll keep on coming back because this camping spot is incredible for the cabin or the rv camping experience. The sites are well spaced. The grounds are well planned. Everyone is so nice. It is just awesome out here.

Awesome views!

This park has some of the most beautiful views I have ever experienced at a campground. We stayed in one of the cabins and the bathrooms were super clean, the cabin was incredibly nice and we really enjoyed our stay! Black Mountain is a GREAT town and not too far from the campground but also just far enough.

Canoe In Camping!

We decided to do some cold weather camping so we made our reservation in December, packed up our bags and a canoe and went off to Lake James. It. Was. Awesome. For one, we were the only people at the "boat only access" sites. Secondly, the bathroom was super clean and the sites were awesome. Then.. last but not least a baby raccoon was hanging out nearby that we got to watch from a lil distance, and baby raccoons are adorable.

I'd definitely go back!

Linville Falls

At the top of Linville Falls you can hammock camp on a Rock are within 50 feet of the Waterfall.

Good Times at the Gorge!

These are pretty decent sites. You just pull off the road, set up and enjoy the camping experience.
We hiked down to the gorge and also enjoyed the dispersed camping available right along the riverside, which was pretty cool but… that hike back up is a DOOZY especially with a pack on. I would recommend it. The payoff of the views is highly worth any trail difficulties.
This was a really clean, well respected area. I liked to see that most other campers were clearly doing their part to Leave no Trace.

Very nice quiet and clean

Spent three nights here to explore surrounds. Beautiful quiet smaller campground. Facilities spotlessly clean.

Great local spot

Great campground. Rates have gone up to $20 a night as of 4/1/21

Returned to our Roots

My husband and I started our camping life with Bear Den in 2004 and we decided to come back in our own camper this time. The roads in are very narrow and winding. There were some pretty hairy parts coming in. Thankfully we made it without too many issues. Our site had some great views but mostly because the other sites were empty. The sites are very close together but if the foliage was filled in it would likely not seem as close.

The weather was extremely cold and we ended up losing our heat so had to cut the trip short but we had a nice time otherwise. We will definitely be back if we have more time. The hassle of getting in and out of the campground and each space isn’t something we want to do for a weekend trip.