The best BOAT IN camping near
Rehobeth , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Rehobeth Camping Reviews
Spacious with Amenities

My husband and I car camped at Paddy Creek in Lake James State Park and were surprised to find such great amenities. The bathrooms were clean and convenient from all the sites. There was water available at our site and neat trails down to the lake.

Camping Right off the Parkway

The campsite is in the beginning of a 5 mile loop through the wilderness that takes you to Hebron falls. My only complaint is that you are close enough to the parkway to see and hear cars go by, but this makes the campground extremely accessible for everyone. The terrain is also flat and easy to hike through, making it a good long trail for beginners or children.

Highly recommend

We stayed at P33 in Paddy’s Creek. Site was super clean and short walk to the bathhouse that was pristine. Water pumps/faucets are at every other site so you don’t have to go far. The camp hosts were super friendly and informative on trails as well as assisting with fishing spots. They routinely monitored all the campsites for any issues and brought bundles of wood that were cheap to purchase and burned wonderfully.

Overall a Good Experience

Took the new pop-up to Kings Mountain State Park this past weekend and had a great time. The sites are pretty close together, but we still had adequate room to spread out. Each site has water, 30 amp electric, a picnic table, and a fire pit ring. Our site was a pull-through, but the majority of them are back-in. Throughout the campground, AT&T had great cell coverage, but Verizon was non-existent. Our site was a stone's throw from the bath/shower house, which was clean and recently updated. When not in the side, a short walk takes you to the Trading Post, a small store selling firewood ($7), ice, souvenirs, and sundries. Next to that is a large playground connected to a pavilion. A short 2 minute drive (or longer hike if you are feeling ambitious) takes you to the Kings Mountain Military Museum where you can learn of all things historical to Kings Mountain. There's a small model village and numerous other attractions to view while at the park as well. Overall this was a great experience. It's close to home for us, and the price was fantastic ($30 nightly). Let me know if you have any other questions!

Meh... A reasonably priced lot of Meh

Needed more leveling than I had, and I have a lot… the fire ring was full of ash and burnt logs. Power connections were so low to the found had to kneel to see and read breakers.

Showers were… well, they were wet…

All the fishing areas are closed due to COVID

But you can socialize everywhere else…

Like I said, for the money, meh.

Reality doesn’t match website

We were so excited to spend a week here based on the website. Not sure when those photos were take but the place is seriously run down. I have never seen potholes so big! The sites at “The Overlook” have a good view but there is zero grass and anything outside of where you park is red mud. I hope they spend some money to restore the campground to beauty.

Awesome for dogs and people!

We camped here back in August and had a blast! We brought our two dogs and they also had a great time. This site is very dog friendly (obviously), with many sites having their own fenced in yards. We opted for a site without a fence, which we regretted once we got there. The gravel at our site was painful for our dog’s feet and they had a hard time walking on it. The dog parks made up for this! There are multiple large dog parks located at the campground. The restrooms were awesome, but are single person use only. We felt like we were the only ones using them (that’s how well maintained they were). Campsites are close together but we didn’t mind. The staff was great, they helped us find our site and even helped us back our camper in. There was power and water hookup at each site. There is tons of stuff to do around the area too. Chimney Rock and Lake Lure are right around the corner and SO FUN.

Very nice, secluded area.

Our first camping, and in December, no less. Few campers, but spacious sites. I collect local fallen tree limbs to burn. Lots of them around! Great hiking trails, but most bike trails closed because of a bridge failure. I would return in an instant.

Thanksgiving weekend

It was surprisingly busy, almost all sites occupied. There is not much space between the sides, but the park is huge and right at the lake. We stayed only one night. A lot of young families were here with their bikes. Restrooms were fair. All in all a nice campground if you don't mind little privacy.