The best WALK IN camping near
Liberty , NORTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Liberty Camping Reviews
Quite and Clean...

This is the nicest and cleanest RV park in the entire area. I know, because I actually visited all the others to get a comparison. I have a 43' 5th wheel and was assigned to spot 17, a pull through site. Length wise I fit with room to spare. However I am 13'6" in hight and there is a cable/power line over this site and site 16 that hangs a bit too low and my AC unit got aquatinted with it. I informed the staff, Hana and she and her brother came to assess the situation. Site 16 was apparently already booked so I could not move there so we decided to just stay where I was and when ready to leave, the would help me by one of them going on my roof with a piece of wood to hold the lines up a few inches so I call get out. This park is family owned and run, and they are all so nice and accommodating.(10 children). The landscaping is done so well and meticulously maintained. Well done! To see a video of this place and also see a video of us getting out of spot 17, go to www.MyBucketListDay.com So if you have a Big Rig at 13'6" I would suggest site 16. You'll fit fine(Length and Hight) and be right on the river.(Video will be posted sometime after 9/15/20)

Nice, small campground on the Dan River

Nice level sites, some open, some wooded, but most are fairly close. Several full-time residents, but mostly for campers. We were in site 23, which was wooded, so we had no satellite coverage. It was 30A/FHU. OTA TV is pretty decent with an omni antenna. Campground WiFi reached 0.85 MB/s, but data rates seemed to vary greatly, and often dropped to zero. AT&T had 2 bars and 3.5 MB/s w/o a booster, 4 bars and 4.9 MB/s with it. There is a nice 1 mile loop trail around the property. Campground was about 2/3 full. They also put up Halloween decorations around the whole campground, complete with a grave yard by the bath house, a really nice touch.

Peaceful and quiet

Nice, roomy, heavily wooded sites

Phenomenal experience

Wonderful and Serene Campground

This is a beautiful, family owned campground. Grounds are impeccable and well maintained, customer service was above and beyond. There really isn’t a bad site in the place. Only downside- it’s off a main highway and we did hear a good amount of traffic noise throughout our stay.

New, Basic, but Nice

We only stayed for 1 night as we were passing through, but we plan to return one day.

Positives are it’s a newer campground, nice and shaded, full hookups (w,e,s), lots were wide, Easy to get in and out of, plenty to do within the park (hiking, fishing, kayak/canoe, etc), has a nice dog park, hosts were very welcoming and kind, VERY clean.

Negatives are unlevel lots (we had to lower ours by over 4” and still weren’t level, but couldn’t adjust anymore), sites aren’t exactly private - but there was a bit of space between sites.

Nice spot with lots of space

Great spot there’s some open areas to camp before you get to the water. You need a truck or something big to get down to the water unless the re-did the road. There’s a few campsites surrounded by trees but also a large open area that can hold multiple vehicles

Excellent Campground

Awesome location, very remote and the sites are Huge so no need to worry about a neighbor being close. I stayed at site 11 easy access to the water and great views. Lost of fishing and hiking paths close by. Great camp overall. Highly recommend.

Excellent

Great clean sites, marina, access to lake. Everything you need.