Kenly , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Kenly Camping Reviews
Nice, roomy, heavily wooded sites

Phenomenal experience

Excellent

Great clean sites, marina, access to lake. Everything you need.

Great little spot outside the city!

Decent Campground

My daughter needed to move out of her dorm at ECU and this was the closest campground that had a site available over Labor Day weekend. We were happy to be as close to her as we could get, and we appreciated being able to stay at this campground for 2 weeks.

This KOA is taking COVID serious, so during check-in they had us stay in the vehicle and call the office. A couple of minutes later, someone came out with paperwork and directed us to site number 2. When I got out to check the site, I noticed there was no sewer hook-up, so I asked one of the grounds crew guys who was nearby. He told me I was not on a full hook-up site.

I was pretty sure I had booked full hook-up because we planned to be there for 2 weeks, so I went to the office and asked. The owner proceeded to give me a lecture by about how I need to be more careful when booking on-line because their computer showed I only needed power and water. I asked the owner why he thought I would book a site with no sewer, if I planned to be there for 2 weeks. I had more I wanted to say about his attitude, but I bit my tongue because this was the only campground near where we needed to be. Fortunately, they had a full hook-up site available, so I was able to pay a few dollars more a night to ensure a comfortable stay. When I asked which site I was going to, the dude wouldn't answer me. Thinking he hadn't heard me, I asked again and he huffed. Then he said, "Don't worry about it, just follow my sister and she'll take you to the site." Again, I bit my tongue.

The sister took us to site 25 and after she gave us instructions concerning their very specific traffic pattern, she said, "I'm sorry about my brother." After reading other reviews of this campground, I'm pretty sure that was not the first time, and won't be the last time, she had to apologize for her brother's rudeness.

When we got to the site, we were happy to see it was extra long, so there was plenty of parking for the truck, the rig & my wife's car. The site was relatively level and the water and power were well maintained, clean & easy to access. The sewer hook-up, on the other hand was not ideal, as the pipe was nearly touching the leg of our neighbor's picnic table. I checked and sure enough the site on the other side of us had their sewer pipe right next to our picnic table. That said, the gnats were so bad at the campground that we didn't spend much time outside, so we barely noticed our neighbor's sewer line.

Cell service was excellent, which was good because WiFi was not ideal. They have satellite internet, so it was slow and barely accessible. They gave us passcodes for two devices, and the code is good for 3 days. So if you are there longer, you need to request additional codes.

The campground had one section for people who are there for extended stay - mostly construction workers doing nearby highway work. They were quiet and did not bother anyone. The rest of the campground was used by people passing through. The campground is close to I95 (there was no highway noise), so we seemed to have new neighbors every night.

All things considered, it was a decent campground and met our needs. I am not sure I would stay here for an extended time again, but if you're passing through or looking for a weekend getaway, the Enfield KOA will work.

Friendly and helpful in a time of need

We came here the day we sold our house in Fayettville. Covit19 had just hit so the campground we had reserved fell through and couldn’t get tenants to leave because they were scared. We were in for a surprise, Fayetteville RV resorts welcomed us with open arms and put us under a long term clause so we couldn’t get thrown out if they shut everything down. 600 a month is more than reasonable for the area. The staff is super and they keep the camp ground top notch.

The bathrooms were immaculate. The Landry rooms were great, little expensive but I get it, they are high maintenance with all the visitors. The hiking trail had all kinds of wildlife and a small damn on it. We walked it every day for 2 months and it was great. All the neighbors in the long term area were like family. I loved this place! They will not disappoint!

Get place to get away

Not far from the Roanoke River and right around the corner from Halifax, this spot is perfect for getting away from it all. Walking trails along the mountainside with small bridges over a creek offer a scenic view. Gazebo with grills and bathrooms are located a small walk from the tent sites.

Hike In campground for MST hikers

I spent a night in Shinleaf walk in campground in April as part of a backpacking trip along the Falls Lake MST trail, sections 8-12. The fact that it doesn't have vehicle access to the sites makes it somewhat not popular with the usual camping crowd. It's a pretty big campground, but when I was there it was mostly empty. My site had the lake view and I spent the evening watching the sunset on the lake, it was amazing.

The bathroom was clean. I didn't use the shower, but I think it was available.

It's a great spot if you backpack MST or otherwise don't mind taking your stuff from the car to the site on foot.

I booked site 39 and it was great, I also remember that the two adjacent sites 37 and 38 were connected and could serve as a great spot for a small group.

We will definitely be back

Nice, large, well shaded sites. Clean bathroom, currently being cleaned 4x a day. Playground and Beach closed due to covid, but look nice. Check-in ranger was very friendly and helpful finding our site. We stayed in loop A, but walked all 3 loops, only a few sites we noted we wouldn't particularly want (lack of shade or less privacy), but all are nice big graveled sites with picnic and fire pit areas. Our 2yr old and dog loved their first times camping. We will definitely be back!

Meh

Ok for a overnight stay. Gnats are terrible. Neighboring camp sites sewer hook right next to us. Luckily nobody was using it. Pool looks nice and the kids liked the small playground