Jackson , NORTH CAROLINA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Jackson Camping Reviews
Good People !

Get place to get away

Not far from the Roanoke River and right around the corner from Halifax, this spot is perfect for getting away from it all. Walking trails along the mountainside with small bridges over a creek offer a scenic view. Gazebo with grills and bathrooms are located a small walk from the tent sites.

Great family fun

This place was awesome! They have two swimming pools, golf, put put, nature trails, pavilions, Church on Sunday, nice pull through shaded sites, pond for fishing or paddle boats, I mean I can go on and on. The staff is amazing and polite. Prices are low. Only down side is the shower room. It needs to be updated but still very functional. Great place we will be going back soon!

Great campground!

We spent one night here in April. It was great!

There are some pretty easy hiking trails, great for kids. Really beautiful wooded area. The campground was everything you could ask for! Large, level sites that are very secluded and far apart from each other. Bathrooms were clean and well situated. Very family-friendly!

We want to come back soon!

Winter camping.

So I have a goal to camp out at least once a month this year. And Medoc was a great opener. I haven't been here before but after one visit I can recommend it whole heartedly. The camp spots are well kept (fire pit and tables at each one). Tent and RV's are in the same loop but there is plenty of separation between spaces. The bath house (with hot showers) is clean and spacious.

There are probably 10 miles of trails and the ones I hiked were well kept and nicely laid out.

And if you are lucky, Chuck and Skye will be your camp hosts. They provide coffee and hot chocolate and wonderful conversation 8-10 Saturday and Sunday mornings. What a great couple.

A friendly and flat mountain

Went for a winter overnight camp. The park is quite large with many miles of easy trails to explore. Many follow a tranquil stream. It was a beautiful and peaceful stay. Also the camp hosts on duty were wonderful! So friendly, and they had a Saturday morning coffee social.