Gibson, NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Gibson Camping Reviews
Very relaxing place

The road to is dirt with sand mix, they good a good job of keeping it graded. The ownership and management are very nice people and are super responsive to everything. The park is clean with a lake to finish in and hiking trails that you can go explore. The only down sides are that the sites are pretty packed close together, some trailers seem run down and abandoned, and there is a rooster that goes around that will attack. Great place to get away and hang up your hat for a few days.

Sand pit/nasty host

These were the most hateful people I have ever encountered at a campground in my life. My daughter that’s in the Coastguard came to stay with us and used our pop up and we stayed in a teardrop style camper for about 5 days! The lady at the campground said there was no way that anyone could be staying in a little camper like that and that we were gonna put up a tent that they don’t allow and was gonna kick us out if we did! RUDE! Was rude to the family that came to visit that paid a fee to visit us too! Will never stay there again! Don’t stay here! They dont want your money unless you have a million dollar rig!

Private resort

Campground is private resort operated by Travel Resorts of America. Must be a TRA member or Coast to Coast to reserve site. Very few FHU sites and mostly 30 amp with water only. Very wooded setting and at least 15 minute drive to nearest town. Lots of activities and nice size sites.

Quiet Woods

This campground is definitely off the beaten path, about 15 miles from I-95. There aren’t any stores around, so get your food and supplies before you arrive. It was only about half full when we camped. Restrooms are clean and campsites have a good amount of space. Each one also has a picnic table and campfire ring that you can cook on. The interior roads and sites are sand so you will get it in your camper. This Park is a really nice place to recharge and enjoy nature. You’ll fall asleep to a chorus of frogs every night!

Super friendly, no frills, awesome spot

Every year on the first weekend of March, we go to the Sandblast Rally that’s in the same town as this campsite. As per usual lodging gets filled up and it’s hard to find a place. If it wasn’t for The Dyrt I would have never found this place. The lady gave us a discount since it was cold and we were tent camping. There’s tons of amenities here. Laundry, kitchen, playground, commons area with a tiki bar. There isn’t much hiking or exploring to be had at the campground but there are tons of parks within just a ten minute drive.

Free Camping for 4 days and 3 nights if you take the tour.

Very nice ! We are now members. Grounds are very neat and well kept. Bath houses have a little age on them but are clean. Putt Putt, Horse Shoes, Basketball, Swimming Pool, and Game Room. Nice lake with walking trail. The main lodge is beautiful.

Close to Fort Bragg,NC

I lived in Fayetteville, NC for over 10 years and just recently stopped by to visit friends as we travelled up north.

We picked this campground because it only 1 mile off I-95 and closest RV park we could find near Fayetteville .

Dirt road to campsite is packed white sand and well maintained (it had rained 2 days prior so it was not dusty)

There were full hookup and lots of big rigs/TT and class A’s in park. The park is well maintained and the owners clearly care about creating a nice atmosphere. The sites themselves are hard packed sand and you have a very nice patio and fire pit.

During the right season Memorial- Labor Day there is a nice size pool. They have a Catch and Release fishing pond and a cute walking trail The campground is close to Walmart and other eating places

⛺️other camping in the area-while I did not visit these locations recently- when I lived here I used to camp at Waldo’s Beach Campground In Fayetteville but it is not near the interstate. There is also a military/gov only campground on Fort Bragg you can check into.

Fun things to do in Fayetteville/Fort Bragg Area:

Fun things to do: 📌Airborne and Special Operations Museum (downtown). You may also enjoy the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Museum is located on Fort Bragg(call this museum directly for details)

❤️Paraclete XP skydive center (in raeford,N.C. close to Fayetteville) -One of the largest skydive centers in the world! so worth it!!! Just going and watching is pretty awesome 🥾Cape fear river trail 10.6 mile round trip multi use trail 💐 🌳 Cape Fear Botanical Garden 🐶giant dog park (near Botanical Garden) 📌Zip quest waterfall and tree top adventure zip line 🧗‍♀️ The Climbing Place (rock climbing)- downtown.
📌Defy Fayetteville Trampoline park ⚾️ Minor league baseball team Fayetteville Woodpeckers are hosted here in town and a new stadium was built.
🎥 🍿 Cameo Arthouse Theater- Indy theater- sit upstairs in the LOGE!

Cape fear botanical garden (Big dog park near the gardens)

Happy Camping! Pamela and Keith

Close to Fort Bragg,NC

Fun things to do in Fayetteville/Fort Bragg Area:

🎥 🍿 Cameo Arthouse Theater- Indy theater- sit upstairs in the LOGE!

Cape fear botanical garden (Big dog park near the gardens)

Happy Camping! Pamela and Keith

Great experience!

I have loved staying at swamp fox camp ground. We stayed for a few months and have adored all the people here. Especially the ones who work here. Always kept clean and friendly.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

While the owner was accommodating when we booked this RV site near Pinehurst, NC, he neglected to tell us that most of the sites were newly excavated. MUD, MUD, MUD everywhere ! I am sure it will be nice when it is completed BUT until then, it is not worth the $40 he is charging !