Camping in Enfield

Recent Reviews Near Enfield, North Carolina

101 Reviews of 38 Enfield, North Carolina Campgrounds

a

Great for families

We camped with a few other families at the group camp site. It was lovely. Great shade and perfect water for kids, the red mud is so much easier to wash off than sand! Bugs weren’t too bad. The electrical outlet was only in the bathroom which was a challenge but clean water was accessible all…

Sitegroup camp
AThe Dyrt PRO User

A Campers campground

One of the best laid out campgrounds ever! Great sites on the lake. Big, flat and just perfect. It’s a big campground so it was fun biking around. There isn’t much else there though. We had to go about 2 miles to a convenience store for wood. The damn is cool to see.

TThe Dyrt PRO User

Fishing

Being from Missouri and moved to North Carolina I spent a week here and it has been so far one of the best places for fishing.

Month of VisitApril
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Great In-Transit Spot Right Near I-95

Great service, price, and campground - stayed here on an in-transit night and was really happy with the forested feel, well maintained spot, and space. Will definitely be back!

Paul B.
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

Beautiful Place.

It's one of the most beautiful places I've stayed at. The snack bar and store is a bonus

Kim L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Great views, Sandy beaches, quiet

Kimball Point is the second Kerr Lake Stare Park campground we have visited. The other, JC Cooper, is about 10 miles south on the same side of the lake. This pro is smaller than the other and more sand versus red clay. Sites seemed spacious and clean. Stayed in site 52, which had great views but…

• Sunset over the nearby beach
  • Site 52, great view
Pam R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Huge Lake, nice sites

We visited Kerr Lake State Rec Area, JC Cooper Campground, Loop 1, at Satterwhite Point in April and it was fully booked for the weekend.  The sites are beautiful. Many have direct views of Kerr Lake. Water and electric were good, maintenance was good.  There are State Park quality toilets and…

• Lake Kerr
  • Campsite
Kevin A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2021

We spent one night here on our way north. We arrived late and left early. Staff was great met us at the gate and escorted us to our site. Mostly long term renters. Site were a good size and we had a pull through site and never had to unhook the Jeep. Full hook ups.

M
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2021

Great little NC State Park campground

This was our first time at Medoc Mountain State Park in Hollister, NC. There are bike trails, horse trails, and walking trails at this state park. When we went the trails were too wet for us to do but I understand that they are beautiful right along the creek. We were there with a group of…

MickandKarla W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2021

Nice COE

We had contacted the campground(CG) prior to our Monday arrival and found the park had plenty of first-come-first-serve sites as they do not take reservations until 1 Apr. Our GPS plus nav app routes varied coming in from North Carolina, but all the roads we traveled were RV friendly. When we…

• Site 95 where we stayed one night
  • Double site 93
  • The buddy side of site 93
Month of VisitApril
Sally S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2021

Happy to have found this place

This is the perfect place to jump off 95 and spend a night. Easy in, flat sites and clean well lit bathhouse. And! We were able to take a site at 1am.

V
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2021

Under appreciated

Has a lot of potential but the management and employees don’t take pride in it and let the place go downhill.

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2021

Ideal

Conveniently right off of I-95. Off enough so there isn’t any highway noise. Beautiful facilities. Including concrete slabs to park on. Don’t expect any shade, there are no trees. With exception of around the parameter. I would defiantly stop here again for an overnight.

Heather The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2020

One of the best!

North Bend is beautiful. Sites right on the water!The lot was level and I didn’t feel like I was on top of my neighbors. The facilities are well maintained and they have handicap bathroom and shower stalls. I will be going back to this campground and lake! Saw eagles, ospreys, and herons daily.

• This is looking from the site I was at- it was so nice!

PRO Membership