Butler Crossroads , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Butler Crossroads Camping Reviews
Beach and nice hiking trail

We stayed here for 3 nights. Our site, 19, backed to picnic shelter so avoid it. One large group had a party in there one night and pick up trucks were literally in our fire ring area. But there are great hiking trails from the campground that go near tidal ponds and good birding. We were here in mid March. Well spaced sites. Lots of noisy dogs. I might add but that seems the case everywhere now. Not sure why dog owners feel entitled to have barking dogs all day but that is why I bring ear plugs. Beach access is great, can walk for a mile or two with no condos!

Easy Retreat

Loved this campground. Easy to drive to and navigate and each campsite has their own path to the restrooms. There was plenty of space between other campsites, but there were no rowdy groups so wouldn’t have mattered. The sugar loaf trail is our favorite! Dog friendly too!!

NOT ENOUGH STARS!

Lisa and Brian are some of the nicest people I've ever met, Lisa is the epitome of Southern charm and hospitality and Brian my brother in arms my shipmate gave me a much needed lesson in sawmills which I appreciate more than he will ever know! Their place is a lil slice of heaven and a welcome escape from the world let their animals sooth your whoas and leave a better person and let me tell you leaving was hard. Thanks Lisa and Brian you will not be forgotten easily!

More than Camping

My husband and I stayed there for two weeks in January. It is a true resort. It has indoor pools, outdoor pools, waterslide, putt putt, bowling alley, and an arcade. We ate dinner one night in the restaurant and it was absolutely wonderful. The chef actually came out and spoke with us. The grounds are immaculately kept. The sites are all flat but there is not much space between the sites. If you’re used to camping in a state campground with trees and space between the sites, this is not the place for you.

We are going back in a week with my children. Two of my children and their families are renting the tiny houses that are available for rent. My husband and I will be in our camper it will be the hub for the family gatherings. Great place for kids to ride their bikes and splash in the water park. Can’t wait.

Awesome campground!

Absolutely beautiful park. Well maintained facilities and lots to do. Within easy walking distance were hiking trails, Atalayah'castle'(great tour), nature center and estuary walk, gift shop/ visitors center, lots of hiking trails, and the beach! We walked everywhere but bikes would be awesome. We were in site 113 on the back loop- those sites(back loop) were super private and very well spaced out for privacy- the most private sites I've ever seen at a state park. Wifi was good near the bathrooms, but not at our site, so if you need wifi go towards the bathrooms. We camped at Huntington Beach State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Love it

Amazing! Brian and Lisa have done an amazing job making their place welcoming to all. A working farm that even had the dog smiling at the end of the day. We hated to leave but plan to go back!! Thanks, Marty and Katy

Such a Perfect Place to Camp

Went tent camping and absolutely loved the spaciousness and privacy of the sites. Has excellent proximity to the boardwalk and beach which is a plus. The bathrooms and showers are a bit outdated, but definitely well-maintained and clean. We’re going to come back to this place with the camper next.

We camped here in February, so only certain sites were open - those for Rvs which had water and electricity and to our surprise sewer hookups, Which is a good thing because the bathhouse in our section was under renovation and only a port-a-potty available (this was not mentioned on the website or in any of our reservation emails). Despite that, it’s a very nice, wooded area with very spacious sites. Lots of hiking options and trails in the area, and a small marina to put in. We were there in February so didn’t avail ourselves to the beach area. Level gravel/stone pad with a nice picnic table and fire ring. We bought firewood from the store at the marina when we checked in, but were greatly disappointed to find out it was too wet or unseasoned to burn. We tried, even used lighter fluid, and no go. A waste of $8.00. Buyer beware! Buy your wood someplace else before you arrive.

We loved it here and will return!

Luckily this campsite is the closest one to where my mother in law lives bc this is a wonderful one! Plenty to walk around and see, many campsites are dispersed. There is a large playground for children, ample facilities and privacy (depending on where you choose), quick walk to the beach and so much nature. Loved, loved, loved!!!! You could bird watch, go for a run, a hike or go to the beach. The people were super nice and the check in process was seamless. They were following social distancing guidelines during covid. We stayed in February and even though it was cold and rainy we had a blast. We did have one beautiful day. We stayed on a partial hook up site and I would definitely do that again. The dump station was clean and easy to use. The garbage area was organized and clean and close enough to the campsite without being too close to draw animals 100% gem. Will return!!! Great with kids or without, it was quiet and I highly recommend.

Always a great place to camp

We camped here this weekend. Rain finally stopped and Sat and Sun were sunny and cool. We love this park to walk the beach, watch the birds and just relax. Sites are spread out and spacious. We had a full hookup site this weekend #86.