The best GROUP camping near
Beam Mill , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Beam Mill Camping Reviews
Great spot

Great place by Blue Ridge Pkwy. Not very far off Pkwy, we had no problem getting there with our Artic Fox truck camper and pulling a Jeep. Stayed next to a creek at the end.

Great Camping

Had a relaxed awesome camping trip at Ebenezer.

A great friendly place for prospecting, relaxing, & to eat!

We love it here at the Lucky Strike Gold & Gem Mine! It is quiet & peaceful mixed with prospecting for gold & gems. The river runs along some of the sites. During the season there's normally (minus covid) music night on Tues, potluck dinner on Thurs, and Bingo on Fri. The atmosphere here is very friendly. There's a Miner's Diner on site that serves up some great food & sweet tea! Cell service is a little sketchy from the mountains but service that runs off T-Mobile is full signal. I recommend staying here any time of the year!

Nice views but....

We stayed in July 2019. For a NC state park, some of the sites are a little close to each other. It is well known that NC parks do not allow alcohol, so we did not bring any.

The camp host was a little insulting with how they kept on checking on us over and over and over and reminding us that we can't drink. We weren't even playing music or making noise. And we weren't drinking. It was just the two of us, and we are experienced campers, so… We know better.

I'd go back and give it another try,but having to insist that we weren't breaking rules… I felt like a kid in Catholic school all over again and frankly, I do not go camping with the goal of re-living that.

Kings mountain National military park

Sweet little 4 mile hike back to a primitive camping area. There is one designated area but we passed a few campsite scattered along other areas of the trail. The National park sits back-to-back with the state park and is joined by a nice trail.

Worth the hike!

Get ready. You are about to hike up a LOT of sleep stairs. The sites are really well laid out. Site 3&4 are my favorites because they are close to water access (bring a good filter). Plenty of trees to choose from for a hammock setup.

Canoe In Camping!

We decided to do some cold weather camping so we made our reservation in December, packed up our bags and a canoe and went off to Lake James. It. Was. Awesome. For one, we were the only people at the "boat only access" sites. Secondly, the bathroom was super clean and the sites were awesome. Then.. last but not least a baby raccoon was hanging out nearby that we got to watch from a lil distance, and baby raccoons are adorable.

I'd definitely go back!

Linville Falls

At the top of Linville Falls you can hammock camp on a Rock are within 50 feet of the Waterfall.

Good Times at the Gorge!

These are pretty decent sites. You just pull off the road, set up and enjoy the camping experience.
We hiked down to the gorge and also enjoyed the dispersed camping available right along the riverside, which was pretty cool but… that hike back up is a DOOZY especially with a pack on. I would recommend it. The payoff of the views is highly worth any trail difficulties.
This was a really clean, well respected area. I liked to see that most other campers were clearly doing their part to Leave no Trace.

Great local spot