The best BOAT IN camping near
Curtis , NEW YORK

Most Recent Curtis Camping Reviews
Eighth Lake Campground, NY

Located in Inlet, New York this is a state park campground which makes it more affordable than the private parks nearby. The campground offers a boat launch for day us, hiking trails, fishing, swimming and canoeing. The park offers showers, bathrooms and a dump station. The sites are surrounded by beautiful trees which allows privacy for all guests. The service is spotty, but it’s stronger in nearby Inlet, NY.

Beer Tree Brew Co. NY

Located in Port Crane, New York this is a brewery that allows dispersed camping in their paved parking area as long as you support their business. They have a food truck and unbelievable beer of all types. Make sure you call ahead at least one day in advance to ensure the owners are aware of your request to stay. The brewery is located near the Chenango river and offers great views of the farm next to the property. A great place to check out!!

Beautiful area

Nice campground, but a little cramped, and wasn't a fan of the sandy sites but we did love the area, and the really enjoyed the campground overall. We would definitely visit again

Old Forge Camping Resort, NY

My family and I have been visiting Old Forge Camping Resort for 20+ years. This is one of the most family friendly resorts and a perfect weekend getaway for those living in other parts of New York State. The visitors/welcome center has everything you need, including firewood, sweatshirts and homemade breakfast sandwiches. There is endless RV camping, tent camping, cabins and cottages available. Make sure you book far enough in advance. We typically book 1 year prior for the cottages.

The bathrooms and grounds are well maintained and accessible from wherever you are in the park. There are hiking, biking and running trails galore. A volleyball court, playground and even a lake to fish or rent paddle boards. There is a bus from the campground that takes you to enchanted forest safari, which is a great way to avoid parking. Would recommend 100%

Canoe Camping at Its Best

There are a few camping sites and one lean-to that I know of in this area. We happened upon it on our way to the seventh lake campground and ended up staying for two nights. We accessed the sites by water on a canoe trip. There is a large sand bar within a very short walk which was a great place to hang out. Seventh lake is pretty quiet but there were a few boats there both days we visited.  There is a trail that connects the campsites to Seventh Lake Rd. and to the Bug Lake trail and we had some Hikers travel through the campsite. If you are looking for the site from the water, look for a HUGE rock and there will be a sign that reads camp here, there are two more campsites, one with a lean-to within a short walk as well.

Great family place

Nice spots in loop c. Loop a is quite open. Nice overall.

Had a great weekend

Had a great time tent camping. Very clean and people were friendly. Also had great price for firewood at the camp shop.

Nicks Lake

Awesome campground

Decent camping!

Pretty standard Adirondack camping. Didn’t get to camp at the actual sites themselves because it was a bit late in the season but I found a pull off on the same road and was able to have a little fire on the beach and crash in the van just fine. Pretty close to a road but not a busy one at all.

Geared toward seasonal campers.

Don't get me wrong it is a very nice place.  We had a nice spot on the lake and were able to fish from our spot.  Which I heard will be given up to more seasonal sites.  I was hoping to be able to use the bathrooms and showers since I broke my foot and in awalking boot and using a shower chair.  But not only were they yuk there were absolutely no handicap stalls in the closest bathroom and I'm (newly) in a walking boot and needed a hand rail (more than I realized I did even since the toilets are those that are tiny and sit close to the ground).  2 other restrooms I tried to access were not at all accessible.  Facilities were not terribly ADA friendly!  For the $$ they could do more for their facilities.  I didn't get to experience the store or anywhere else due to COVID.