The best GROUP camping near
Brushton , NEW YORK

Most Recent Brushton Camping Reviews
Incredible Serenity

This lake is so peaceful and the remote islands that are only accessible by boat make this spot really special. It's a gorgeous place to get away from everything and to really connect to nature. The sites are spacious and gorgeous. Feels pretty private.

Giant waterfront sites!

Beautiful and roomy site at 19. Unfortunately it was too cold and stormy for us to get our boats out on the water but we are looking forward to getting back here for the easy water access! Bathrooms are clean. There’s a beautiful accessible site at this campground and also a nice pavilion if you need to take a break from the weather. We didn’t get to go but they were showing movies the weekend we stayed, which was a fun family touch! Overall, we were very happy with our stay and want to return.

A bit pricey, but a very nice park

We stayed site 98E in the Hundred Acre Woods and were there for 2 weeks. The outer sites are wooded, but spacing varies. Unfortunately, there were no trees between 98E and 98D. We had the place pretty much to ourselves during the week, but the weekends got quite busy. AT&T had very poor data connection, <0.5 MB/s, as did T-Mobile. Their WiFi was very inconsistent, where I had to disconnect and reconnect multiple times per day to get measurable data rates. They do have a very nice network of trails, both within the campground property and in the surrounding forest, all of which were leashed dog friendly.  There are also lots of hiking trails along the river and around Lake Placid. Several were leashed dog friendly.

Busy, but that lake and the loons!

Most of the campsites at Fish Creek Pond are along the waterfront, offering easy access to the pond. Some campers even build temporary docks that they leave behind for subsequent campers. Most of these sites are huge and provide areas that are relatively flat, even if some parts slope toward the pond. Sites in the low 130s tend to be narrower. The sites ring the pond; at night you can see the lights of campers on the opposite bank and listen to the call of the loons. At 10pm, Taps will ring out to mark the beginning of quiet hours. The firepits are deteriorating and do not have grates. Mine was half filled with debris, ash, and the previous campers discarded food.

Bathrooms throughout the campground provide toilets and running water in old CCC constructed buildings that have been renovated somewhat and are clean, but small with a single sink. They also come with a warning not to leave items plugged in because of risk of fire or theft. A newer, large, centrally located bathroom provides showers.

The day use area and beach were closed for the summer of’20 due to COVID-19 restrictions.

There are two entrances to the campground, but one of them is closed in the evening. Depending on the direction of your arrival, you may need to continue past the first entrance you reach. Signs will direct you even if Google doesn't!

There’s a trading post just over the bridge from the campground where you can buy gas, necessities, order a sandwich, pizza, or barbecue(daily menu posted in back by the deli). In the parking lot out front, there’s an ice cream truck that’s open in the afternoon. If you’re looking for paddling maps, check behind the counter at the trading post or at nearby Hickock Livery.

There's a bike trail in the campground and you'll see lots of kids on bikes. In addition to the numerous paddling opportunities in the area, several of the surrounding towns have created hiking challenges featuring 3-9 easy to moderate peaks in their vicinity. Tupper Lake offers not only a hiking triad, but a paddling triad. The reward for completing each series is a patch. Occasionally a single bar of coverage on Verizon, very spotty and random, so I left my phone on airplane mode most of the time.

On my last morning, I finally spotted through the mist the loons that had entertained me with their calls throughout my stay - 6 of them!

Nice location, well kept

Stayed for two nights, great campsite, awesome sites. We got, unexpectedly, a nice pull through, full hookups all close together so easy setup. Our site wasn't level but only required a small adjustment. Good cell coverage and excellent Wi-Fi. There were plenty of open spots while we were there. Definitely reccomended.

Grass sites with plenty of trees for shade

Small campground with 30+ sites. Grass sites with plenty of trees for shade.

There's little undergrowth between sites for privacy but spacious sites makes up for it. We found a site on the edge for good privacy.

Sites are well maintained. Bath facilities need maintenance.

There are 2 sites immediately on the river but many others with unobstructed views.

You can hear the clip clip of horses from the Amish buggys on the road across the river.

Fisherman’s Dream

Boat access only, primitive camping, book campsites early. I’ve been coming here every year for 15 years and look forward to the next trip the minute I leave. Weather comes in quick, be prepared for anything. 40 degree nights happen in the middle of the summer so do 85 degree days. It’s a role of the dice and also what makes it so much fun.

Our Peaceful Place

The experience of camping on one of these islands is something special that will remain with you for years. My partner and I went here on a whim in the summer of 2015, somehow with only a few weeks in advance we got Site 13 which is a large secluded island. We haven’t been able to book it since because the reservations have to be made so long in advance and book up quickly. One day I hope we will be able to return!

All campsites are boat access only and it is very easy to rent a canoe or kayak. I remember the person at check in referring us to an outfitter that dropped off a canoe, paddles, and life jackets to the boat launch area of the campground. It was my first time in a canoe and there are motorized boats on the lake so it can get a little rocky. A wonderful, peaceful place like no other.

Beautiful waterfront spot and nice amenities

We had a great holiday weekend in this campground of Adirondack. It’s nice to close to the river, also you can rent boats from the registration. There are lots of facilities you can use, also it’s close to few hiking trails. Will definitely come back again.

This is a covid summer

We were trying to get out of state for a week or so but with so many restrictions in so many states we decided to stay within our own. We have never stayed for any time in the high peaks area of the Adirondaks. This campground has 2 parts to it , the resort side and the 100 acre side. I wanted to stay by the Ausable River and that on the resort side. Check-in was smooth and there campground store has everything you could need for either dry or rv camping . And all the chachskis to boot. This area still is in phase 2 so the pool, and playground and anywhere else people can congregate were off limits. The resort side had views of the mountains looking in 1 direction and the river in the other , the sites were well maintained and the staff were helpful. The only downside thing I can say is there were no bathrooms with showers open. I was told it was because of covid they weren't allowed to be open , However there is no restrictions on bathrooms. They could have only had 1 opened and closed the others they had. I am camping with 5 people in my party that toilet could have come in handy in the morning. Like I said this was my only gripe, and we are in strange times. I would camp here again.