Salem , INDIANA

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Salem Camping Reviews
THIS IS VERY PEACEFUL AND SECLUDED AREA BEAUTIFUL WEATHER, KID FRIENDLY

THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO JUST GET AWAY FROM EVERYTHING AND RELAX.  IT IS BEAUTIFUL TERRAIN TO RIDE ATV'S, HORSES, YOU CAN HIKE, FLY KITES, BRING THE KIDS POWER WHEELS OR BIKES YOU CAN EXPLORE THE CREEK OR JUST SIT IN THE SHADE OR NEXT TO THE FIRE AND TAKE IT ALL IN. ITS STILL ONLY 10-15 MINS FROM TOWN IF YOU FORGOT SOME SUPPLIES.

Off Season and No Water

We love camping in the off season but with that comes closures. Some sections of the campgrounds might not be open, no camp hosts and limited bathrooms and showers houses. This is to be expected, but when I called the morning of our trip to make sure potable water was available and I was told yes it was only to drive 2 hours and realized they were wrong. No water 🙁. This would not have been a peas we have dry camped before but all the bathrooms were closed as well.

After called the park ranger he did let us get some water at the maintenance building so we were at least able to finish the weekend. Lesson learned always pull with at least some water.

Now back to the campground itself was nice and clean. Site are a little close together. The biggest down side is you are there to enjoy the lake but the lake had algae warnings everywhere not to go near the water.

They do have a dog park, pool and splash pad when in season and a marina. Also they have WiFi and good cell coverage.

A nice park. Electric only.

It’s a nice park for kids. Has a nice swimming pool. Easy trails. Nice playground. $5 firewood bundles. Mostly a weekender park. It is right next to a small craft airfield do it can get noisy at times and there is little wind protection.

Seems better later in the season--Memorial Day to Independence Day lots of noise & trash.

Water available here and there throughout campground, but turned off across fron site 12 and at the boat ramp. Not sure if dumping is currently allowed. Bring your own toilet paper and firewood. There is a private driveway about 1 mile east on 224 that sells wood for $3.00 an armload. 1 mile hiking loop at the end of the primitive sites. No swimming allowed on the reservoir, but plenty of space to launch your boat or kayak. No camp host. Sites affordable, and most will accommodate a 20 foot RV, with several large enough for the largest class A. Watch out for poison ivy, oak and sumac in wooded areas. Lots of playground equipment and paved areas for bikes. 3 garbage dumpsters along campground drive.

Very Nice Campground

Very nice and clean Campground. The lot we stayed in was a good size and was right on the spring. The staff was very friendly and helpful!

Weekenders that felt alienated

I thought I’d enjoy this place a little more because I’d heard from several people and they liked their experience. There are a lot on permanent sites and we just felt a little out of place because we are “weekenders.” I would have rated this place a one star had we not rented a golf cart. Our site was far from anything and with 3 kids it was tough not to spend the 65/day cart rate. We will probably return here in the summer to experience more of the swimming areas. Also we’ll try and get a group to go with us so we won’t feel as alienated.

I like it so far

Just joined.  Trying to find any city park or visitor centers permitting camping.  I know they are out there but not well known.  Easy to use.  Love the fact I can use it if offline.  I'll review in a few weeks when I actually need it.

Very nice very clean

I have stayed her 20 plus times and I always leave happy. Nice staff. Clean bathhouse. And lots of fun activities.

Amazing campground

Wow, so much fun stuff to do here including swimming hiking and boating. Very nice bath house. And golf cart rentals also. I would live here all season.

Very nice very clean