The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Fredericksburg , INDIANA

Most Recent Fredericksburg Camping Reviews
Great Place!

Can't believe this place was free. It was nearly empty (although it was the end of November). The hiking was fantastic and the few people camping there were very well dispersed and all respectful.

100% will camp here again!

A campground to come back too

Large sites. Great access to water. 30 and 50 amp hookups. Bathhouses clean and easy access to fishing, local attractions and if you do need something the staff was eager and fast to get the problem fixed. Definately a campground to keep on the revisit list..

The KT earns its nickname 'little AT'

The KT is rugged and has lots of elevation gains over short distances. Everywhere you hike there are lovely vistas and lots of fossils on the trail snd creek beds. You're never too far from water, although the quality may differ depending on the time of year.

Watch out for ticks. My dogs and I got loads of them in April 2020 from Leota to Spurgeon Hollow. There are road crossings every 5 to 10 miles, so if you run out of something or need to bail you can. The KT asks that you respect leave no trace philosophy, and I felt most hikers did.

There is occasional trail magic but don't depend on it if thru hiking. I have not stayed in any campgrounds near the trail, so I can't review those, but the trailheads all have adequate parking and signage, and I found topo maps online for free.

Let someone know your itinerary, have a means for filtering water, and enjoy!

Lake Views - Good for Covid

With COVID, it seems that everyone…and then more people are going camping. It's a bittersweet type of situation. Nevertheless, it's been very hard to find decent camping in Indiana that isn't packed in like sardines, while also trying to escape the city and get into nature - not around more people.

Luckily, a friend and I came here last October and this place was great. We got a non electric site and were in the middle of the sites. We had a great lake view and were very happy with our setup. It was a pull-through site, although not all are like that. We were able to set up in no time.

We had lots of space, away from our neighbors. The campstore had wood and random items that you might need should you forget. We were just steps away from the lake and enjoyed walking down there every morning. There aren't the best hiking trails around, so you'll need to drive to the nearby Brown County or National Forest to hike on trails that are actually worth the time.

I will add that the setup is a bit odd for non-electric. You basically had to pull up to the gatehouse, get your reservation info, then do a U-turn and go back out past the campstore in order to get to your campground. Very odd setup to say the least.

Cabin and Tent Camping

Located on Monroe lake, they have canoeing, row boats, sailboats, motor boats, and skiing.
Lots of fun activities to do, and great hiking trails. Their mess hall is top notch. We have camped here in a cabin, and also tent camped.

Beautiful grounds and a great place to enjoy nature.

Great Camping Experience

This was our first camp experience in our new travel trailer. We had plenty of room at our site (site #18), and enjoyed the beauty of nature.

Our stay was for 5 nights, and even though we had some rain, we were able to still enjoy the fire pit most of the time due to the trees overhead.

Water access was plentiful, and easy and fast dump station. There is a playground that kids seemed to really enjoy. They also had a Trick or Treat night, and it was fun to see all of the creative costumes and kids (and adults) having fun. We will definitely return to enjoy more time there. Tony and Margo

Keep driving past the horse camp...

If you come from the East you will pass horsecamp that only has paid for sites. Continue down the road you will see a sign for a second horse camp skip that as well! If you go to the end and take a right there will be spots at the beggining of the trail heads secluded with fire rings. They are drive in. Much more private as well as no smell of horse poop. lol

Another great weekend camp!

A relaxing weekend well spent. My husband and I have been to Lake Celina for a day hike before, so when planning where to go for a weekend of car camping choosing this place was a no brainer. Lots of different kinds of campgrounds depending on your preference. If you’re the kind who wanna socialize or in a large group who needs a campground within eyeshot, south loop is more for your taste. There’s lots of RVs parked, people chatting,laid back drinking beer just having a good time! My husband and I wanted a secluded quite camp as we also have our pup who gets a little too excited around strangers and other dogs. We got that in #7 camp in north loop. We felt like we own the place!

Floating cabins!

A large group of us rented two of the floating cabins and it was a blast. Plenty of space for sleeping with a kitchen and modern facilities. The boating and fishing are pretty good as well.

Great place to camp!

Probably my favorite place to camp so far (newbie camper). We had a site within a short walk to the water. Our tent site was spacious. Vault toilets. Camp store. Playground, boating, fishing, and boat rentals. There is a lot to offer at the park itself and being a college town, quite a few great bars and restaurants.