The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Burnettsville , INDIANA

Camping Indiana Burnettsville Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Burnettsville Camping Reviews
Friendly, family run campground

We normally stay in state parks, but for two different years we wanted to attend the Feast of the Hunter's Moon and this was our best option. We have a tent and a canoe, so we really enjoyed the campsites they have by the river.
 The folks who run the place are very nice, one night they even opened up the camp store so we could get tent stakes, which we'd forgotten. They are great at planning activities for the guests and really like to make people feel at home.
 In addition to the feast, nearby is Tippecanoe State Park and Frank Lloyd Wright's Samara house.

Map location not accurate

Have never stayed here, but the map location is wrong. Tall Sycamore is actually located east of county rd 600E, on the south shore of the Wabash River.

Nice campground, friendly folks

We wanted a place close to my elderly parents house and Last Resort fit the bill. Overall it is a pleasant campground with a pool, a pond, and some weekend activities. There are a lot of seasonal/permanent sites. We visited twice and had spaces along the East end of the pond. The sites are relatively level but both sites had a lot of ant hills so be prepared with ant spray or another repellent to keep them out of the camper. It is close to Route 30, so there is traffic noise, but not too loud.

One highlight, especially for kids is the Saturday night golf cart parade. After dark the campers with golf carts do a parade around the campground and toss candy.

Nice, clean,good for kids

Spaces are TIGHT on the full hook up side. We have a 21’ and hardly got in. We were super close to fellow campers.On the other side of the grounds around the pond (electric only) sites were much bigger and secluded. Despite the tight space, the kids loved it here. Lots of activities- pool, playground,pond, camp store with a variety of ice creams (kids love this) they had some chickens & goats the kids loved playing with. Christmas themed activities the weekend we were there. They had laser tag, candy parade, crafts etc… oh and bathrooms very clean!

Reliable

Everything you need in one place

Beautiful, Friendly & Outdated

We tent camped with 8 small kiddos. One if the largest tent sites I’ve been on. There is a small playground, and a pond for swimming and fishing. This campground gets stars from me for the gorgeous and peaceful surroundings, as well as very friendly staff. However, their two flushing toilets and two showers (free) are very outdated with some rusty nails sticking out, and we didn’t see anyone clean anything in the bathrooms for the few days that we were there (which meant a very full garbage and lots of dead bugs everywhere). Ice was an affordable $2 per bag, but bring your own firewood… it was $10 for a few pieces of fallen branches which did not even fit in the firepit. Near the campground is an awesome playground (Lincoln Township Park), as well as an adorable family owned Ice Cream shop (Sycamore Drive-In).

Nice, quiet

Nice little campground. Camping spots are kinda close together. Right next to the river for fishing. They have a little arcade hall, have bingo, a swimming pool, basketball court. We were busy with kids activities so we didn’t really get to enjoy the park a whole lot but staff seemed friendly. They allow golf carts, but not electric scooters. Just a few minutes from Lafayette, Delphi, Battle Ground, so plenty of things to do nearby.

Family run campground

Pretty spots by the river but best for adults only trips as there is a step ledge. Lots of other areas too away from the Wabash and they have a campsore and game room to that the kids to. Pool was decent and bathrooms reasonably clean

Love this place!

Its within an hour to home. Always a good time here. Always clean. Sites are spaced good. Close to out door range and not to far from Fort Knox paintball. This place is my goto for a quick getaway!

Top half of my faves

I have been to 9 other Indiana State parks, this one is in the top half. Great sites and clean. Large clean lake with beach. Lots of trails and many views. Staff is very friendly. The down side, bathrooms weren’t very clean and no one enforced noise curfew. I often stay up very late but I respectfully do so. When its after 1am and I can clearly hear you across the park, no bueno! Lol….other than that, I would definitely be back after I complete my bucketlist of Indiana State parks.