Camping in Cortez

62 Reviews of 17 Cortez, California Campgrounds

J
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Good for overnight RV

I have stayed at this RV park several times as a stop over for the night. It’s not the kind of place I would want to stay at much longer but it does have all the power and water connections that one needs for an RV. Most of the sites I have stayed at have the connections at the center of the site…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Sun fan camp spot

Amazing location, so close to water. It gets hot in the sun gets intense, make sure to bring shade and you will enjoy every minute. Also bring bug spray, lots of spiders and lots of ants but that is the outdoors, just come prepared

Y
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

1st Couple’s Camping Trip

Campground was very nice and relaxing. Bathrooms could use some upgrades and store hours could be extended as well.

Overall it was nice just wish it had more things to do.

c
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

You get what you pay for

An ok campground. We went in June and it was ferociously hot. There are shade trees but they aren’t great. Water spigots on our campsite we’re great. We have a travel trailer and discovered that unfortunately the only way to back into our site meant that our door & awning faced away from the…

J
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Great option if Yosemite’s full

Great option if your looking for full rv hookups. If you’re tent camping, this might not be the best place. Bathrooms were very unclean but the park gets the job done as a place to sleep while visiting Yosemite. No Verizon or T-Mobile coverage. Wifi available for purchase.

• pool area
  • partial hookup spot
SiteA7
L
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Close enough to Yosemite

Our site was not flat so we were stuck between the fire pit and bear box. Pretty quiet, but you can hear cars on the road at times. Not much privacy between sites.

Julia M.
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Good stop over

It was a great overnight stop for us on our way to Yosemite. No AT&T cell service. Can get 1 hr of free wifi every 24hrs or pay for more wifi. The park is huge with a lot to do and different camping accommodations for all types. Easy asphalt roads throughout campground in the pines. Sites are…

C
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Spring and fall

It’s best in the spring and fall. It’s nice and quiet and the spots are not too close to each other. Staff is nice and grounds are clean.

Sitedon’t remember
Month of VisitOctober
Jovani M.
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Acorn Campground

My experience has always been good ones for the few times I’ve been there. Always a good time with friends and also the rangers checking. Clean bathrooms and also the spots to camp.

• Full moon at the lake was beautiful and the weather perfect. no mosquitoes too
  • My camping set up.
Site92 and 87
B
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Many years at Hogan

Our family has been here many times because it’s tradition since my husband was a kid. It’s gorgeous if we’ve had a year of rain. Usually pretty quiet but bathrooms are always a disaster.

ProfG999 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

I didn't stay. Can't believe it has 5 stars!

I guess if you stayed on the water it might be nice but the campground itself was pretty bad. 1st they have blocked any phone signal so even with my WeBoost I could not work from here. 2nd the flies were horrible. 3rd my site was across from overflowing trash can. 4th the hookups are on the wrong…

• Overflowing trash can
  • Front door facing street and trash bc hookups are on wrong side
  • Hookups are on wrong side
Sotnos B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Convenient, shady respite

Easy on/off from Hwy. 99. Nice management. Spaces large and lots of shade coverage. Close to hwy but far enough that road noise isn't onerous. Train passes through once at night time, bring earplugs. Clean, tidy, well kept campground.

Toni  K.The Dyrt PRO User

Camping is not allowed

Beautiful day use area. Very close to the sweet water camp ground. Nice waterfall and swimming area.

Remember to pack out trash. There was a lot of trash when there is trash cans right in the parking lot)-:

Toni  K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Right outside of west exist of Yosemite

Very close to the national park. Does not take reservations so you might have to get there early. The camp host was very sweet. Camp ground was $24 a night. Large sites for tents. Only thing I would complain about is it’s very close to the highway. Ask really cool watering hole about 5 mins down…

Tanya R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Little bit of green along the river

Probably COVID related but this park is under utilized and under attended. The shower is of if you throw in quarters and close your eyes. It could use some TLC but was a quite place to stop for the night.

Not all spots have shade.