About Jedediah Smith Campground

Located 9 miles east of Crescent City. The northernmost of the four campgrounds in the parks. $35 fee. Discounts with different national and state passes. 86 sites. Flush toilets and showers. No electric, no water or sewer hookups. Dump station available.

Hike In
Jedediah Smith Campground is located in California
Directions
19 Reviews of Jedediah Smith Campground

Well maintained, beautiful campground. Easy access to the river. Nice bathrooms with showers. Each site has quite a bit of privacy and the redwoods are simply stunning. I have only stayed here in the off season so I haven't had to reserve a spot, but I'm sure it's a popular place in the summer so you might want to check out out in advance.

Camping in the redwoods

Loved the redwoods and the river.

Like a Fairy Wonderland

Jedediah Smith Campground has some of the greenest forest I have ever seen. The forest is so thick and creates awesome privacy. It is backed up to an amazing river that is so blue.

Most beautiful in the redwoods!

This campground is absolutely beautiful! I have stayed here multiple times and every time it’s beautiful. The campground is in the middle of the redwoods forest, and river access is available from the campgrounds. Nice bathrooms and showers available. In the mornings, it’s nice and foggy, which is a beautiful sight in the redwoods.

Great spot in the Redwoods

The campground is right in the middle of the trees and backs up to the river. Spots are spacious. 1x Verizon and no big RVs.

Be still my heart

Trees sway above me Fog, mist, filling up my heart The trees have my soul

Sleep among the giants

Staying at the Jedidiah Smith Campground is one of the most incredible experiences I've ever had. My partner and I drove up from San Francisco and were able to get a first come first serve site in the center of the campground. Campground is large and had several sites available when we were there. The sites were spacious, beautiful, quiet, and clean. Each hosts a bear locker, fire pit, and picnic table. One of the best parts of this campground is its proximity to the Smith River, which is gorgeous. There are scenic trails that connect to the campground as well as several near by. There's nothing quite like the experience of sleeping next to the ancient giants-- it's a must!

So green!

This was a great place to camp. Sooo many trees and the sites are like hidden gems. They feel so private even though you have neighbors right next to you. The park rangers are a little crazy about you putting your ice chests away - even if you are trying to cook. They said the bears look at them like candy.

Great campground

This is one of those places you don’t want to talk about because it’s so cool you want it all to yourself. It is amazing. The sites are spacious and you are surrounded by huge redwood trees. There is an amphitheater, visitor center, showers, ranger programs, access to the river and trails through beautiful groves. It really has it all. My kids earned Jr Ranger badges as well as another patch just for this campground. I will be back here, and I don’t say that about a lot of places. So glad we got to visit here.

Wonderful redwoods experience!

The campground host was informative! The restrooms were clean and the camping sites were private