Camping in Prairie

38 Reviews of 9 Prairie, Alabama Campgrounds

D
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Beautiful water front campsites

We live about 45 minutes from this campground. Planned a last minute trip for 2 days and had an absolute blast. It was middle of the week so we nearly had the place to ourselves. My son and I enjoyed the fish while my wife enjoyed a good book on beautifully shaded lot #13. The hosts were helpful…

Dana B.
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Gorgeous

This is one of our favorite campgrounds. Beautiful lake and Spanish moss, spacious sites, plenty of privacy, and very quiet! The pictures speak for themselves. We’ve camped here in both fall and summer and always have a great experience.

• Sunrise from inside our tent
Month of VisitNovember
c
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Absolutely enjoyable

We loved it. It was when I was a child but i can re remember it like it was yesterday. (that's saying something since I am a stroke victim, rendered now mentally handicap with short and long-term memory loss)

Siteidk
B
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Family friendly. Loved it!

Very nice set up, kid friendly. We are enjoying our stay. 😍

M
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Forkland Campground

I originally was going to stay at Chickasaw State Park but that was a no go so I Googled the next closest Campground which brought me here. The park host, Leigh, was very helpful and polite. The bathrooms were the best I've seen in a long time. The spot she put me in was amazing. It was so…

SiteSite 12
Shannon W.
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2021

Camilla City's Beautiful Nature

Sherling Lake is owned by the city of Greenville. It's located right next to the beautiful Cambrian Ridge Golf Course which is a beautiful Championship course and part of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. The campground has water and electricity hook up along with a dump station and a very clean…

David S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2021

Great campground

Great campground on the river. Sites have slot of room and are level. River sites are hard to get. Very clean.

charles K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2021

Peace and quiet

Amazing place to be never a bad experience in 24 years great fishing great sites. 15 minutes from the next town and it’s small perfect get away.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2020

Easy boondocking

We arrived a little later in the evening however.. gayle was awesome! She met us right out front of the main gate and explained the amenities that were available to us and how to easily access our campsite. Other then some non enjoyable chatty Kathys talking by our vehicles and aimlessly walking…

Raymond B.
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2020

Hideaway beauty!

What can I say about this beautiful place. The camp host and workers are amazing. Bathroom/shower house clean as can be. The nature trail was very calming and enjoyable. A must stop while in BAMA.

Bill & Amy S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2020

Great

Great sites level and clean, great host on site. Perfect place to start our new life in camper.

Holley K.
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2020

Foscue Creek

We had a great time here! Our campsite was #12. It was on the point and didn’t have a lot of shade but we were right across from the bathhouse and playground so I really liked our location. The bathrooms were really nice and clean.

R
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2020

Peaceful

Very nice. Roomy. Clean. Many nice sites. Nicely wooded and a lot of water views. Great for water/fishing/boating activities. Only drawback is no sewer hookup but dump station on-site

Z
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2020

Excellent spot to pitch a tent

We needed a place in a pinch since we got on the road in the afternoon. Spoke with a very nice man on the phone (Jim Scott if memory serves me) who directed us to book online... $18 for the night and we had running water, a fire pit, and a decent little plot overlooking a section of the Alabama…

• View from public terrace near campsites.
  • Canoeing a secluded area of Woodruff Lake
N
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2020

Some sites better than others.

We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend so it was very busy, even with some rain showers.

We stayed at site 23 for 3 nights. this site is located next to the boat ramp and parking lot so there was a lot of traffic. It’s next to the water but 3-4 feet above the water line and blocked by bushes…