Camping in Aspinall

73 Reviews of 13 Aspinall, West Virginia Campgrounds

L
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Great little campground

Very friendly park staff. Extremely helpful

Sitecamp site 5&7
Erin M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Beautiful clean grounds

Our site was big and roomy. Plenty of room for a 10x20 tent and two vehicles. The water was beautiful. The grounds were clean. The staff were very friendly.

Chris S.
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Seneca shadows

Great campground and the staff was very great and welcoming

Sited4
Jorden T.
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Luscious greenery and river scenes

It was so great! I had never been to Audra and I went with my mom and pup and we had a great time. Stayed on a campsite right next to the river and could hear the rushing of water which was so wonderful. The camp is pretty small and the sites are close together and pretty close to the road but it…

EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Family Friendly

A very relaxing, family friendly place to camp! Visited here several times and the campground is always clean. If you have a boat, the lake is a lot of fun play on.

HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Higher end campground offers alot

Nice campground it was early in the camping season. Vegetation was just taking off so, pics are a little drab. Nice golf course, lodge, little ferry boat. Take the clubs, maybe the pole, great fishing!

Sitelot 2
Month of VisitApril
Elgin S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2021

Huge campground

4 separate areas including a waterfront area. Centrally located small pool, food vendor and mini golf. Bring a boat! Full marina as well. Great beach area and boat mooring everywhere. Long trails are fantastic

D
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2020

Clean trails and beach

The lake offers great relaxation and the trails around the lake offer pretty views. Only wish that there were more trails available because it’s so beautiful in that area!!!

Gary F.
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2020

Nice!

Super friendly camp host. He met us and drove us to the camp park because it was so dark. Spacious sites, and he is making amazing improvements to the park. Beautiful river setting.

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Not too impressed

Just stayed here for one night with our 5th wheel when traveling home. I wasn’t too impressed. I thought it was expensive. The site was difficult to back into because everything was so narrow. I like to have a little bit of space when camping, but there were tent campers all around us. My…

Jennifer B.
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2020

Large Family-Friendly Campground

Bulltown Campground offers a couple hundred spaces, multiple playgrounds, and clean restrooms on the edge of Burnsville Lake, managed by the U-S Army Corps of Engineers. This area is popular for camping, boating, swimming, hiking, and hunting during the deer season.
     It was a beautiful…

• Fall reflection on Burnsville Lake
  • Bulltown Camp is located on the edge of Burnsville Lake
  • Lots of RV's... Not many tents.
SiteC27
Month of VisitNovember
Bobbie B.
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2020

Quit and very Covid specious

My parents took me and my sister to Audra every summer and wks at a time and camping in a tent,it was the best memories i have as a child and yes im now 42,fulltime grandma of 4yr old axel w austism, i have worked m.j y butt off w him 2yrs straight to get his fits calmed down..yes he has had 1since…

Dare To Everywhere  .The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2020

Unique "Dispersed" Camping

Stayed: 9/6/2020 - FREE

Site: Left fire pit facing toilet

This campground is the equestrian Kinderhook Trailhead within Wayne National Forest.

I didn't know what to expect for a dispersed campground at a trailhead. We pulled in and there was one couple setup at a designated site (picnic…

• Look for this sign along Dana Road
  • An "overview". Toilet on far left, horses and trailers behind our tent near the trailhead, second "site" across the way on the right.
  • Awesome fire pits and picnic tables. (We had 2)
Month of VisitOctober
K
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2020

Great Lake, beautiful lakefront sites

This is a HUGE campground. The sites on the water are lovely. They are VERY open and not wooded, but you wake up to the most beautiful sunrises, and you go to sleep to the most gorgeous sunsets. We had our boat with us, and were told that there are tie ups. There are not, there are trees to tie to…

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2020

Nice stay on a busy weekend

Even though we didn’t get a waterfront site, we did get a nice site #119. Very secluded and quiet. Walking distance to the marina where there is a nice general store. Super friendly . Boat rentals available . Nice getaway in a beautiful part of the country.