The best YURTS camping near
Nandua , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Nandua Camping Reviews
Great

Campsites are spread out nicely so you have privacy. Pool is nice and within walking distance from all sites. Park is equal distance from Chincoteague and Assateague without the sandy sites

Quick in town get away

Good little spot for last minute camping in town. There is a lake for fishing with boat rentals available. Not very quite as it’s located near a busy road. (Saunders road). You can hear cars ambulance etc. all night. You must reserve your spot in advance. RV, tent, hammock, and fire friendly.

Cozy Cabin

I stayed in a group of 5 people to camp and hike in Pocomoke River State Park. I am a local of the eastern shore and wanted a little getaway that was not too far from home. The twin bunk beds were extremely comfortable and felt rather large with two of us sleeping in them. The cabin stayed warm and exceeded expectations. The hikes were a nice little nature stroll with well maintained trails and was very clean! We would for sure stay here again, especially when we start to have families of our own.

Shad's Landing - Our Home Away from Home!!

This campground is our home base. It's only about 45 min from our home. We love this campground. Staff very friendly when store open and you see staff. Clean bathrooms and handicap accessible, as is the store.

Nice dock and boat launch area. We are kayakers in the warm weather and hikers when its cooler. We have kayaked north to Snow Hill, Md, south to Milburn Landing, west up Nassawango Creek, and Corkers Creek at the campsite. We have also kayaked out of Byrd Park, in Snow Hill. All these kayak trails are wonderful! Plenty to see, no bugs, no mosquitoes..some biting flies if you go into the lily pad areas. The park rangers spray to stop mosquitoes. The area is also a natural mosquito repellent because of the ph in the Cypress Tree waters.

Two loops allow dogs, one with electric and one without. Clean Bathrooms in each loop with nice showers and plenty of hot water. Handicap accessible in showers, bathrooms, cabins, walkways, parking.

Kayak and canoe rentals during season and handicap accessible for kayakers with special needs.

Good fishing in the area…I always catch fish here, but not so lucky elsewhere! Lol

Nice trails all around the area. Some horses and bike trails available..even some atv.

The park has programs and we painted a picture of Chuck the Owl (he was our model) which was fun. I have more pics on my camera I will upload later.

Check out this campground. You will love it!!

Great KOA

We stayed here for Memorial Day 2020. This place is a hidden gem although a little pricey. Lots to do for the kids and overall a great time.

Great space and location

Our site has over 10 people and we all fit. Very quiet but maybe due to COVID.

Bery nice campground

Very nice campground, in a wooded area, by a lake/reservoir, has about 25 spots (FH), you can only book up to 90 days, and for a total of 180 days in a year. Quiet :)

Great campground

Use to camp here every summer! Brought my kiddos here, it's the same as I remembered!

Older campground, lots of sites. No real place to swim on the bay, but they do have a pool. Beautiful area.

Eastern Shore gem

Nice park. 1st two rows of sites have almost ZERO tree cover. 1st row not very level sites. Not quite as spacious/spread out sites as other state parks, but it's on the bay! Tent sites are wooded, no rvs allowed.

My favorite campground

We have a blast every time we come here. The bathrooms are clean and updated. There is plenty to do. Pool, beach, fishing, boat rentals, golf, paddle boats, bike rentals, and crabbing. They also have a snack shack that steams crabs, and a restaurant on site if you don’t feel like cooking. They also offer on site charters and sunset cruises for a cheap price.

If you venture into Cape Charles, it’s a neat town with some good restaurant options.