Equestrian
Bureau of Land Management
No Trash
Willow Springs Trail Dispersed is located in Utah
14 Reviews of Willow Springs Trail Dispersed
Great dispersed camping just outside of Moab!

Stayed here last weekend and had a great time with our large group! Plenty of camp sites along the main road and smaller connecting side roads. Some of the side roads definitely require 4x4 and high clearance to drive.

We found an amazing site overlooking Arches National Park in the distance. Plenty of spaces for campers, RVs, trailers and tents. Sites are simple and marked by fire rings. Not much shade so it would be pretty hot out here in the summer. Gorgeous views!

It was super crowded this time of year but still very clean, no trash, bathrooms in great shape too!

Good dispersed site near Moab

Large area with plenty of spots, a few side roads lead to even more spots. Main road was in good shape, side roads get pretty rough. Nothing impassable, just slow going. There are several Port-O-Lets along main road and a pit toilet near the back of the area. Arrived the Wednesday before Outerbike and found a spot at the end of the main road. Was a very busy weekend and the place stayed full - but never felt too crowded. Easy access to the Klonzo and Sovereign Trails via Willow Springs Road.

Great spot!

Open dispersed free camping along a gravel BLM road. Went all the way to the end and the road was fairly smooth in our dodge promaster. There are porta potties every so often and they’re surprisingly very clean. I would definitely stay here again.

Saved our butts

Not a bad spot if you don’t have any other options and don’t wanna pay! We came in late and everything was taken and we didn’t wanna be far from town so this worked out perfectly There are some nicer spots with trees and a a little more privacy farther in but it’s a race to get them

Great Place

A little rough getting back in very far with a Class C but we did & found a pretty quiet place the 2nd night. First night we were closer to the highway & more traffic going back & forth until late with people looking for spots.

Quiet and Breathtaking

Thanksgiving in Moab is heaven! We pulled up here on Weds evening for the holiday and we got our own space with plenty of personal space between us and other campers. It was cold at night (-2) but we stayed nice and warm with extra blankets and with all the slick rock and trail riding we did during the day we were so work out we didn't even notice.

You can see Arches NP from this road so it was a great way to wake up every morning with the sunrise creeping up over the Red Rock.

It is dispersed camping so there are occasionally port-o-potties but no trash pick up. We did our part cleaning up other people's trash that was left out as well as other campers wandering around cleaning up the place. Because of this, it was a beautiful spot to spend the extended weekend.

Will be back!

Drove from Denver to this campground to camp in my car solo and explore all Moab had to offer. Felt safe the whole time, made friends with other campers nearby. Trailhead was dirt and bumpy in some places, did fine in my 02 Outback. Close to a gas station that had a bathroom. Will be back when I get the chance to visit Moab again! Went May 2018.

Awesome Free Camp

So this is BLM land and you can stay 14 days. I recommend coming in durning the day cause it’s confusing at night. But it’s pretty much like 2 miles of this dirt road right of the main road that has TONS of Dispersed Camping. I mean tons! As long as you stay within the fenced in areas, you’re good to camp. Rvs, trucks, cars, and tents as all set up in here. And it’s surprisingly quiet for the amount of people camped out. Despite the numbers, there’s plenty of space for everyone. Can’t go wrong with this spot! There’s also porter potties placed about every half mile between sites and there’s a pit toilet at the front of the road. It’s a little bumpy when you pull into some of the camp spots off the main dirt road, but my two wheel drive Saturn could handle it so it’s not bad. There’s fire rings places throughout. No water. Would stay here again any time I visit Moab. Just 11 miles north of town and a quick drive at that.

My go-to spot in the Moab area

If you don't mind foregoing a restroom – don't hesitate to choose this as your camp site for your Moab-area adventures! This will seriously be my go-to any time I'm in the area. There are an insane number of designated dispersed spots along this road (don't cross the creek bed unless you have 4WD) and all of them have killer views, tons of room and plenty of privacy. The sunsets are killer, and we saw lots of birds, bats, lizards, and a jackrabbit. We even saw hot air balloons each morning floating across the desert. Plus, it's free and less than 10 minutes from the entrance to Arches. Couldn't ask for more!

Wide open, accessible camping near Moab

Great place to pull off and find a spot in the busy national park area. Access to several intermediate mountain bike networks. Great views of the La Sals